Nevin Markwart

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Nevin Markwart or
Who is one of those players you loved watching that isn't talked about nearly enough anymore?
Nifty was fantastic to watch and up there with Savard with the puck.
Markwart was ... Well ... I'm not sure how many times he went flying at someone, missed them, and crashed into the boards.
Kluzak coulda woulda shoulda been ... Stevens.
Park's hip checks.
Samsonov was edge of the seat dazzling for a few years
P.j.
The Chief.

Who are your Bruins?
Especially some of you kids who have seen too many live games to count. (I haven't)
Would love to read some stories about how much some of those less talked about players meant to ya.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Dave Reid, Dwight Foster, Markwart, Dave Poulin, Steve Leach and Randy Burridge come to mind.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Gotta say it, although a very well known super star he was still my idol....Petr Tenkrat!:amazed:

Actually, the late Carol Vadnais was a fascination (for me) to watch. Others were: Fred Stanfield, Doug Roberts, Greg Shepard,

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I forgot about Burridge.
Couple of good visuals came to mind.

P.s. By 'savard' I meant Dennis, not Marc

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Always appreciated the Burridge/Heinz time

Keith Crowder was a fun one to watch too, his brother Bruce joined him at some point and was also fun to watch but not as fun as Keith who was tough as nails and could produce pts

Middleton was THE reason I became a fan, Dad loved the Habs (misguided fool), said he loved Lafleur and his hair flyin as he was skating, well, RM didn`t have quite as much hair, but I loved his game and RM was tougher than most remember, wasn`t just a guy who could score.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
I loved watching Dave Reid and Dave Poulin kill penalties. Two of the smartest players I've seen play

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
I liked Jason Allison when he was here. It was brief but he had 3 good years here. Slow but skilled, large and very strong on the puck. Add Carter, Thornton and Samsonov and that was a strong four in our top six at the time. Loved Pederson and Middleton as well.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I'll always remember how excited I was as a kid when we traded for Billy Ranford and Kevin Stevens, respectively.

Bit of a different spin on the OP's question, but yeah.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Always appreciated the Burridge/Heinz time

Keith Crowder was a fun one to watch too, his brother Bruce joined him at some point and was also fun to watch but not as fun as Keith who was tough as nails and could produce pts

Middleton was THE reason I became a fan, Dad loved the Habs (misguided fool), said he loved Lafleur and his hair flyin as he was skating, well, RM didn`t have quite as much hair, but I loved his game and RM was tougher than most remember, wasn`t just a guy who could score.
Loved Nifty,too. I was living in NYC when he came up, and boy, was he flashy. Couldn't believe Harry got him for an over-the-hill Hodge.

Rick became an excellent PK and defensive winger later in his career but he could still score.

I also liked Leo Boivin and Bobby Dillabough in my early years.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Markwart once tried to do a flying handstand to get past an opponent. Brent Hughes-some guts and some jam as well as some talent.
Ken Linseman-Loved the dirty stuff back then
Cam Stewart-For 5 minutes he was a hockey pinball,raising havoc
Jason Allison-Best center in the league down low for a couple of years,decent fight with Keith Tkachuk.
Tom McCarthy-Some much needed offense
Ken Belanger-took care of business with a maniacal style
Gregg Sheppard-terrific small center-very heady.
Terry O'Reilly-Noone will ever come close

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bobby Joyce was one of my all time fav Bruins...that 87-88 Cup run was magical.

Always rooted for Landon Wilson. Liked Troy Mallette in his one season. Darin Kimble in his one season. Belanger and Baumgartner were favorites here for me as well. Moe Lemay. Greg Hawgood. Reed Larson was an all time fav. Rob DiMaio ..

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Gotta say it, although a very well known super star he was still my idol....Petr Tenkrat!:amazed:

Actually, the late Carol Vadnais was a fascination (for me) to watch. Others were: Fred Stanfield, Doug Roberts, Greg Shepard,

Bobby Schmautz !!! Loved the name....Dallas Smith, Gary Doak.. Man im old lol

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Bobby Joyce was one of my all time fav Bruins...that 87-88 Cup run was magical.

Always rooted for Landon Wilson. Liked Troy Mallette in his one season. Darin Kimble in his one season. Belanger and Baumgartner were favorites here for me as well. Moe Lemay. Greg Hawgood. Reed Larson was an all time fav. Rob DiMaio ..

Over the top convinced that he was going to be Neely part deux.

Liked DiMaio quite a bit, too.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I loved Barry P. I probably cried when he was dealt.. luckily things turned out alright. ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I enjoyed Al Stewart's 4 games as a Bruin..

didnt he fight the Missing Link

agree on Markwart- wow, was he something....google up the Jay Wells fight and you will see the famous final scene

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I hear that name and I think....Bill Derlago, Tom Fergus, Mike Krushelnyski, Doug Keans....

Brad Park was my favorite Bruins of that era.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Loved the Jay Miller and Lyndon Byers combination of the late 80's, 2 guys who could really throw them. Byers was a real character too, buddies with Neely I believe.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Poulin was solid... Bobby Carpenter before the knee injury... Rosie.. PJ Stock.. Anson Carter. Randy Burridge

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I really liked Jason Allison here too..didn't realize he was such a ****.

Anson Carter was another fav... Some flashes in the pan I liked, Peter Douris..Morris Lukowich.. I was like damn, 30 goal scorer coming aboard... LOL

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Nevin Markwart or
Who is one of those players you loved watching that isn't talked about nearly enough anymore?
Nifty was fantastic to watch and up there with Savard with the puck.
Markwart was ... Well ... I'm not sure how many times he went flying at someone, missed them, and crashed into the boards.
Kluzak coulda woulda shoulda been ... Stevens.
Park's hip checks.
Samsonov was edge of the seat dazzling for a few years
P.j.
The Chief.

Who are your Bruins?
Especially some of you kids who have seen too many live games to count. (I haven't)
Would love to read some stories about how much some of those less talked about players meant to ya.

for favorites theres only 1 guy at the top of my list and he is top of many peoples lists so no real surprise when i say Terry Oreilly typifies what i believe the bruins should be all about... 100% honest effort every shift and getting more out of his abilities that was possible.

other guys who hit a sweet spot for me

Chara/Bergeron from the current team
Markwart was a big favorite from the past
I liked some of our smooth centers Pederson/Oates/Ratelle
I hate to admit it but i did like the rat Ken Linsemen
I liked Jay Miller when he was around
Always liked Gord Kluzak
Michael Thelven took some of the most hardest checks ive ever seen a guy get smeared with and kept ticking somehow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad