Nevin Markwart

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I was a hockey encyclopedia growing up in the late 80's, early 90's . I knew every player from every team, the teams they had previously played on. I was like Lil Pierre Maguire. So I would get an abnormal giddiness when the Bruins would pick up somebody like Ray Neufeld or Brent Ashton. I remember when they got Petri Skriko and I wrote in my diary something like "oh man, we got PETRI SKRIKO! We're gonna kick ass!" I just loved watching whoever it was, seeing that unfamiliar number skate around. Same thing when the B's called up somebody from Maine. Shoebottom was like watching a rhino out there.

I was so bummed when Janney and Quintal got traded, but it took like, what two games for me to swiftly move on.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I took over my folks tickets in 1983 and from that year till the place got torn down I bet I did not miss a handful of home games- weddings, flu, pretty much that was it.

I saw Markwart from the beginning and he was really the Kamikaze Kid.

think about it

1985-1987 129 GP 17 G 24 A 432 PIM and he was about 170-180 lbs

great skater and fearless but not great hands or finishing and who knows about hockey sense but I still loved watching him.....very bright, interesting, always had something interesting to say

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Nevin_Markwart

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I took over my folks tickets in 1983 and from that year till the place got torn down I bet I did not miss a handful of home games- weddings, flu, pretty much that was it.

I saw Markwart from the beginning and he was really the Kamikaze Kid.

think about it

1985-1987 129 GP 17 G 24 A 432 PIM and he was about 170-180 lbs

great skater and fearless but not great hands or finishing and who knows about hockey sense but I still loved watching him.....very bright, interesting, always had something interesting to say

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Nevin_Markwart

Same here,my brothers and I took over my father's tickets in 75 when he would pay and we would go. He was pissed over the Orr debacle and never went again. We held them through 2006. Started in stadium 5 row 2 (5$) each and ended up in Loge 9 Row 7 ($90). Cycled through the balcony a few years. I never liked any of the seats in the new building compared to the old.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Same here,my brothers and I took over my father's tickets in 75 when he would pay and we would go. He was pissed over the Orr debacle and never went again. We held them through 2006. Started in stadium 5 row 2 (5$) each and ended up in Loge 9 Row 7 ($90). Cycled through the balcony a few years. I never liked any of the seats in the new building compared to the old.

remember the smoke? I used to come home every night and throw my clothes in the washer and take a 20 minute shower to get 'the garden experience' off me:laugh:

stadium 5 row 2 were great- are you in loge 9 now?

aic90

Jul 19, 2005
I rarely see Geoff Courtnall's name in these type of threads. If memory serves he had a 30 goal season in Boston, and a couple seasons around 20 goals...

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
remember the smoke? I used to come home every night and throw my clothes in the washer and take a 20 minute shower to get 'the garden experience' off me:laugh:

stadium 5 row 2 were great- are you in loge 9 now?

The smoke was deadly,cigars,pipes and my father smoked right beside me. He always went to the games wearing a suit and hat! We gave them up completely in 06 when I was working nights as was one of my brothers and we were having trouble giving them away! 66-06,a pretty good run. Saw the 72 All Star game at the Garden,countless vintage Canadiens games and was there for Bobby Hull's 600th goal!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I believe he did. Boynton was a among my faves if some of you recall around here. ;) He's going to be part of the Coyotes radio broadcast team this season.

Oates was my first favorite player. DiMaio, Donato, Belanger, Stock, Jonathan Girard, Tim Taylor, Robbie Tallas were among my favorites over the years.

Drawing a blank who played on the line with DiMaio and Taylor... ? That was one of my favorite lines. Thinking Axelsson?

Prospect wise were Wilson, Jay Henderson, Colton Orr, Kevin Dallman.

I can't believe this....it was PJ Axelsson!!!! No steamers for you next year!!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
I guy could spend a rainy day on youtube with O'Rielly,Neely,Jonathan,Wensink,Markwart, Orr and so many more incredible B's over the years. Fun stuff :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad