GDT: Never Lose Again? Devils @ Panthers, 7 PM, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For all the embarrassing losses in this building, besides a big playoff series win in double OT, the Devils are actually 2-1 in their last 3 visits.

Third to last visit was all the way back in the season finale in 2019 when Zajac scored the OT winner, which was the last ever goal scored on Luongo and the last time he was on the ice. Pretty sure Zacha had a highlight reel goal in that game. I didn't go to that one though.

The season was paused just a few days before our only scheduled trip to Florida in 19-20

We didn't play in the state at all in 20-21 and the one game last year in Sunrise was a loss.

Before last year, my last time seeing a game down there was actually November of 2016, which I believe was Zacha's first career goal. We also had what I think was the season opener there about a month before that. I think we lost both of those games in OT, but maybe the second one was a shootout loss? I stopped going for the few years after that, but haven't missed a Devils game in Tampa since I moved here.

I also remember we played what I think was our second game of the 14-15 season, but it was definitely Florida's home opener, if not season opener. I believe that was Severson's first career goal and we won like 5-1 and chased Luongo pretty early.

We did beat Tampa once on the road last year, in what was probably one of the better games Blackwood played. That was around Thanksgiving. We played another game in Tampa last year around February with Gillies and lost. It wasn't as bad as the home game against Tampa that GIllies played not too long later.

The new scheduling is weird, because we only play in Tampa once this year, but Sunrise twice. Last year it was just Sunrise once, Tampa twice. It used to be one time in each Florida building or two times in both.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And the line to use the bathroom after the 2nd period was wrapped around the corner. I just said f*** it and held it until I could get to Target where I was parked.

Reactions: My3Sons

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
For all the embarrassing losses in this building, besides a big playoff series win in double OT, the Devils are actually 2-1 in their last 3 visits.

Third to last visit was all the way back in the season finale in 2019 when Zajac scored the OT winner, which was the last ever goal scored on Luongo and the last time he was on the ice. Pretty sure Zacha had a highlight reel goal in that game. I didn't go to that one though.

The season was paused just a few days before our only scheduled trip to Florida in 19-20

We didn't play in the state at all in 20-21 and the one game last year in Sunrise was a loss.

Before last year, my last time seeing a game down there was actually November of 2016, which I believe was Zacha's first career goal. We also had what I think was the season opener there about a month before that. I think we lost both of those games in OT, but maybe the second one was a shootout loss? I stopped going for the few years after that, but haven't missed a Devils game in Tampa since I moved here.

I also remember we played what I think was our second game of the 14-15 season, but it was definitely Florida's home opener, if not season opener. I believe that was Severson's first career goal and we won like 5-1 and chased Luongo pretty early.

We did beat Tampa once on the road last year, in what was probably one of the better games Blackwood played. That was around Thanksgiving. We played another game in Tampa last year around February with Gillies and lost. It wasn't as bad as the home game against Tampa that GIllies played not too long later.

The new scheduling is weird, because we only play in Tampa once this year, but Sunrise twice. Last year it was just Sunrise once, Tampa twice. It used to be one time in each Florida building or two times in both.
even though it probably has zero impact on the situation, I'm crediting travis zajac for single handedly gifting us jack hughes with his goal in that OT. thank u travis

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
even though it probably has zero impact on the situation, I'm crediting travis zajac for single handedly gifting us jack hughes with his goal in that OT. thank u travis
I'm not sure if that was the difference between one more point or not for us to finish where we did, but you'd have to believe that if that were the case then it probably did impact the situation.

• Love
Reactions: youryeah

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
What i referenced earlier, found a twitter clip (Haula getting consoled by Mango), after an awesome shot block and then ENG...

As much as he’s become somewhat of a whipping boy online for not scoring, he certainly has an important role on this team…I just wish it wasn’t being stapled to Hughes.

Either way, love the passion. We need to see more of that.

Sevs has been showing way more passion this year too. It’s great to see.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sometimes I do miss being in Jersey, but I am very happy I'm no longer living in Bergen County. I'm more of a beach person, I like the water, I like the swimming in the water, I'm not a sunbather. If I'm at the beach, I'm in the water. Or at the very least walking along the beach in the water. I like stuff like that. So I wouldn't be happy living in Bergen County.

I'd love to be down the shore, but I also don't like the winter weather and it would feel so foreign to me right now, though we do have cold fronts here and we're getting one for 3-4 days just in time for Christmas Eve. Lows in the upper 30's and highs in the upper 40's.

That's why when I still visited Jersey every year, I would go in the summer. Usually in August, and then I'd fly straight to Denver and spend a week-10 days out there with my step brother and his family. They visit me every year around Christmas and are coming in tomorrow. We usually go to Disney and/or Busch Gardens/Universal/whatever. They usually come for a few days in July too.

Last time I think I was in Jersey was I think the Elias number retirement game? I went for Marty's two years earlier. I can't remember if I went in the summer of 2018 or summer of 2017 anymore.

I know I definitely didn't go in the summer of 2019, I got my dog in September of 2018 and I'm not gonna bring her on a plane and she doesn't travel well, so I don't wanna drive up either and it's just slightly too long of a drive to do in one day. I also had a live-in girlfriend and her son living with me for parts of 2 years.

It's been really hard to get up there or do the trip to Denver. My dog would die of a broken heart if I left her for a week and she doesn't like many people, so even if friends would watch her, she doesn't like them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sometimes I do miss being in Jersey, but I am very happy I'm no longer living in Bergen County. I'm more of a beach person, I like the water, I like the swimming in the water, I'm not a sunbather. If I'm at the beach, I'm in the water. Or at the very least walking along the beach in the water. I like stuff like that. So I wouldn't be happy living in Bergen County.

I'd love to be down the shore, but I also don't like the winter weather and it would feel so foreign to me right now, though we do have cold fronts here and we're getting one for 3-4 days just in time for Christmas Eve. Lows in the upper 30's and highs in the upper 40's.

That's why when I still visited Jersey every year, I would go in the summer. Usually in August, and then I'd fly straight to Denver and spend a week-10 days out there with my step brother and his family. They visit me every year around Christmas and are coming in tomorrow. We usually go to Disney and/or Busch Gardens/Universal/whatever. They usually come for a few days in July too.

Last time I think I was in Jersey was I think the Elias number retirement game? I went for Marty's two years earlier. I can't remember if I went in the summer of 2018 or summer of 2017 anymore.

I know I definitely didn't go in the summer of 2019, I got my dog in September of 2018 and I'm not gonna bring her on a plane and she doesn't travel well, so I don't wanna drive up either and it's just slightly too long of a drive to do in one day. I also had a live-in girlfriend and her son living with me for parts of 2 years.

It's been really hard to get up there or do the trip to Denver. My dog would die of a broken heart if I left her for a week and she doesn't like many people, so even if friends would watch her, she doesn't like them.
Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our Bleed

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

While this was definitely a very huge 2 points for the NJD, this will be the loss FLA needs to wake them up and turn this season around. BOOK IT.

FLA will be very mad and go on a huge winning streak after this and rally to make the playoffs. They'll be firmly in a playoff spot soon enough and never look back.

And Paul is very good friends with Pete. He'll have a talk with him about making sure his boys are hungry and ready to play for the remainder of the season. They'll rally to get the ship right and sail straight for the playoffs.

March 18th in Sunrise will be an absolute bloodbath for the NJD. We better scratch Nico for that one if we can. There's gonna be 19 angry players ready to take his head off that night. The ref isn't gonna help Nico from M. Tkachuk next time. And there will only be 18 other head hunters ready to put him out of commission if the NJD so dare to dress #13 that game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our Bleed
I was very happy that it just so happened to fall on the 2 year anniversary of the last goodbye.....

At least I will have a positive memory to associate December 21st with for the rest of my days, rather than what was not a bad memory, though a very bittersweet ending.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was very happy that it just so happened to fall on the 2 year anniversary of the last goodbye.....

At least I will have a positive memory to associate December 21st with for the rest of my days, rather than what was not a bad memory, though a very bittersweet ending.

That’s important. You need some positive experiences and silver linings.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 625583
While this was definitely a very huge 2 points for the NJD, this will be the loss FLA needs to wake them up and turn this season around. BOOK IT.

FLA will be very mad and go on a huge winning streak after this and rally to make the playoffs. They'll be firmly in a playoff spot soon enough and never look back.

And Paul is very good friends with Pete. He'll have a talk with him about making sure his boys are hungry and ready to play for the remainder of the season. They'll rally to get the ship right and sail straight for the playoffs.

March 18th in Sunrise will be an absolute bloodbath for the NJD. We better scratch Nico for that one if we can. There's gonna be 19 angry players ready to take his head off that night. The ref isn't gonna help Nico from M. Tkachuk next time. And there will only be 18 other head hunters ready to put him out of commission if the NJD so dare to dress #13 that game.
Well they're playing NYb tomorrow night, so there's no way you could possibly believe they're getting two points in that one?

Oh, what's that? Both teams are getting two points? Got it!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm actually surprised I went that far.

I have a personal policy for myself that I will not post at least facial pictures of myself on the internet, which works for me as I don't use social media. THIS is basically my social media and I do have snapchat, but that's because my ex asked me to download it and it's sometimes fun to edit the pictures and put fake quotes in it.

But I made the mistake in the past of revealing too much about my internet social life on here to real life, toxic family that have since been cut off and removed. I'm not sure they remember me telling them my user name on here, but I don't really want them potentially snooping here and knowing anything about me or how I've been doing the last 7-8 years since I told them to go f*** themselves. So I've only posted a picture of myself with my back turned in a mirror, as well as my hands and now my voice.

I also have vented on here very personally about one of my best friends and her serious substance abuse problem. I know I've told her my name on here, but I doubt she knows how to get to this site or remembers what it's called and she doesn't follow hockey anyway and said substance abuse problem has her in the clouds for much of the time. I've also admitted things about her on here that I don't have the heart to ever tell her, so that would be weird if she ever read something here and a light went off in her head and she realized this was me.

So yeah, I do try to be a little private on here, but not so as to keep myself private from fellow board members, but rather potential lurkers that have been cut off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well @Bleedred , we now know you love peeing at a Target. Which makes two of us.
I've very rarely even been in Target

But there's one in the shopping plaza across the street from the Panthers arena. And I just so happened to make a habit out of parking there. It's a good walk, but I at least get my miles walked in for the day doing that.

Parking used to free at that arena about 11 years ago when I first went to a game there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm actually surprised I went that far.

I have a personal policy for myself that I will not post at least facial pictures of myself on the internet, which works for me as I don't use social media. THIS is basically my social media and I do have snapchat, but that's because my ex asked me to download it and it's sometimes fun to edit the pictures and put fake quotes in it.

But I made the mistake in the past of revealing too much about my internet social life on here to real life, toxic family that have since been cut off and removed. I'm not sure they remember me telling them my user name on here, but I don't really want them potentially snooping here and knowing anything about me or how I've been doing the last 7-8 years since I told them to go f*** themselves. So I've only posted a picture of myself with my back turned in a mirror, as well as my hands and now my voice.

I also have vented on here very personally about one of my best friends and her serious substance abuse problem. I know I've told her my name on here, but I doubt she knows how to get to this site or remembers what it's called and she doesn't follow hockey anyway and said substance abuse problem has her in the clouds for much of the time. I've also admitted things about her on here that I don't have the heart to ever tell her, so that would be weird if she ever read something here and a light went off in her head and she realized this was me.

So yeah, I do try to be a little private on here, but not so as to keep myself private from fellow board members, but rather potential lurkers that have been cut off.

You're safe here friend, we're your pals!

1671766977121.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad