GDT: Never Lose Again? Devils @ Panthers, 7 PM, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tps-shoresy.gif

We're feeling real confident these days.

@NjDevsRR do your thing.

LFGD

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I know it’s very cliche but this is as close to a must win as you can get in December .
The next handful of games are brutal with Boston and other top teams coming up in a row . We need a win to get some confidence going here . They are playing good but are over thinking things too much . They lost their mojo for sure . I haven’t seen plays in several games now where we were playing with pace and we’re not hesitating when making plays . That extra solit second of decision making is killing us . That’s what made us so good - being a step ahead of the opposition all the time .
I haven’t seen a nice cycle in the O zone since our winning streak . We were globetrotting teams out there before . It seems like they completely forgot how to play that way ?
It’s either us not playing like we can or is worse than that ? Have teams “ figured us out “ and we cannot adapt or ???

We NEED to get our PP going . It is a huge momentum boist and swing if we can get that going . Scoring a PP goal would get a few guys going and help break out of some slumps .

Nico , Bratt , Tatar , Mercer , Shara , Hamilton, Wood , Boqvist , Zetterlund are ALL cold as hell . We need to get some guys going where all we have for now is Jack with the ability to score . We won’t win many games with a one person attack …
It’s time for our studs to pick it up and start winning us games - Nico and Bratt especially

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I have tickets to the game next week against Boston. I hope we have things turned around by then.

I'm only in NJ from Friday until next Thursday...so my only options for games were the 2 games vs Boston, and I'm going to both. Hopefully they get the suck out of their system because f***ing hell those could be brutal.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Just a thought...

Does our losing streak coincide with our use of Pepe?
It coincides with my Devils hoodie. The first game day I didn't wear the hoodies since I got it was the Leafs game. I put it back on, but then I haven't worn it during the game for any of this streak.

Now you might say, "But Rhodes81, it's ok, you were literally in a wedding during one of those games." Or, "You look cute in that cardigan you bought 8 years ago so you have a good excuse." Or even, "Rhodes81, your choice of outerwear doesn't affect the outcome and performance of professional sports team that you do not work for and have never met any of the players, coaches, medical staff, or the guy selling hotdogs." Well that's just a psychotic thing to say, frankly.

I have atoned for my sins. I have laid prostrate and self-flagellated. The first damn thing I did today was put my hoodie on, and I vow I will not take it back off until this game tonight is finished. I can only apologize for the grief and anguish I have caused you all.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think I would like Holtz to be sent down to Utica to work on his confidence... and for Graham Clarke to be given a shot.

I'm definitely for Holtz going down to Utica.

I just don't feel he's being useful out there, whether it's his current skillset, his role or a combination of the two. If you want to roll 4 lines right now, I think you have to consider another option.

I'd be cool with seeing what Clarke can do.

Reactions: njdevil26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad