Never ending Myers rumors Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
No, there really doesn't. Myers is just a cookie-cutter case of a good player on a bad team, the part of the usual formula for most major trades. Most of the time the player in question is either old or a pending UFA, though. But the sports media doesn't care about making sense, they just need to babble about things enough to fill the 24 hour news cycle. Tossing out Myers' name in any Buffalo trade rumor is just reflexive for them at this point.

Case in point, Myers to Winnipeg yesterday. Given their situation at RHD already, it makes no sense for Winnipeg to target Myers in any trade. The real story was just that Buffalo had shown interest in Kane, which does make sense. But because it was Buffalo, Bob literally could not help himself and herp derped about Myers because whythehellnot.

No way, that sounds like a conspiracy theory.:sarcasm:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm nervously waiting on this outcome. Myers not someone I would trade at this point.

borno87

Dec 16, 2010
Jets fan here.

Before you jump to any conclusions (duh...Kane), just curious about what the general consensus is around a Myers deal.

What is Tim Murray looking for in a return?

Karate Johnson*

Could Myers getting traded be sort of Hanafin insurance.

It's highly likely we finish in the bottom 2.

On the chance we finish 2 and someone else wins the lotto using Myers for a franchise forward makes sense

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Jets fan here.

Before you jump to any conclusions (duh...Kane), just curious about what the general consensus is around a Myers deal.

What is Tim Murray looking for in a return?

Other than rumors of what other teams were maybe offering, Murray has never gotten into specifics other than "Alot"

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
It doesn't hurt much giving up Myers if you're getting back Bogosian. I'll say that.

I didn't wanna trade Myers for Kane, but if it's a bigger deal such as this, I'm not angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino