Never ending Myers rumors Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
They do when a team is terrible. If you look back over the history of the league any team that is terrible and out of the playoffs has ton of trade rumors, because media wants viewers/readers and this is the easiest rumor to create. Why wouldn't a bad team trade a good player...etc. It's pretty common. Same reason why good teams generally don't have rumors about their good players without a crazy issue of some kind, the media has a harder time rationalizing why a good team hurts their chances to win in the playoffs.

I doubt there is a media conspiracy out there regarding Tyler Myers. I don't think that many credible sources conspire to invent trade talk.

To me it's as simple as teams are interested in him and the Sabres are interested in trading him. It may or may not happen but I think the Sabres are shopping him.

I think he is gone before the start of next season and I just want to prepare some of you for that shock.

Last edited by a moderator:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Oops he was actually 22, the page I was on hadn't updated. He turned 23 when the NHL was back in session. Where he went on to put up big numbers. Of course he had already been putting up numbers in the NHL cuz you know he was past the AHL already.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474570

It's nice that he was already putting up big numbers in the NHL already. Detroit has a way of developing there prospects and it seems to work pretty well. Pulkkinen is just the next in line.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I doubt there is a media conspiracy out there regarding Tyler Myers. I don't think that many credible sources conspire to invent trade talk.

To me it's as simple as teams are interested in him and the Sabres are interested in trading him. It may or may not happen but I think the Sabres are shopping him.

I think he is gone before the start of next season and I just want to prepare some of you for that shock.

What conspiracy? It's general practice. It's not specific to Myers, and of course teams are interested in Myers, despite what stokes thinks, because he is a very good player. If you think listening to calls is shopping him, okay, but it sounds to me like good practice to take calls from your colleagues. In what world do gms not talk to each other about player availability without having that player's gm announce he is for sale?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He's better than Hodgson ever was in the minors.

:skeptic:

:huh:

Well, Hodgson basically played 1 season in the AHL.... so not sure how your statement is relevant...

Hodgson scored 44 in 72 at the NHL level at the same stage of development that Pulkinnen is at today.

the previous year of development:
Hodgson 0.71 pts per game in NHL
Pulkinnen 0.83 pts per game in AHL

So it looks like he's going to pass that ceiling, maybe already has. And I never hated Sekera. He was a no. 3 to me. I hated how you tried to convince people he was something he's not, a no. 1.

yea, maybe... :rolleyes:

Actualy, I never tried to convince anyone he was a #1. I proved to everyone that he was the best defensemen in a particular season. He then went on to be used properly, and prove that he IS a number 1.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It's nice that he was already putting up big numbers in the NHL already. Detroit has a way of developing there prospects and it seems to work pretty well. Pulkkinen is just the next in line.

Because every guy Detroit has brought into their system has succeeded? Whatever, I got it, Myers sucks, lets take an average replaceable prospect and roster player for him.

Here's a thought, go offer that to some Detroit fans and see how quickly they agree to it. But then again I'm sure they must be brainwashed into thinking Myers is awesome.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He's right. Myers is better today, than at any point in his career. He's on a god awful team, so some people have difficulty seeing it.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I am confident that that is the entirety of your assessment

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Anyone who doesn't think the past two seasons Myers has had are the two best in his career is clearly nothing more than a scoreboard watcher. Points points points

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I am confident that that is the entirety of your assessment

Nope. I remember watching him at the WJCs. He was the best player on Finland outside of Granlund. Much better than Armia. The kid has had talent for a long time. But when he develops properly, it's a huge bonus.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Nope. I remember watching him at the WJCs. He was the best player on Finland outside of Granlund. Much better than Armia. The kid has had talent for a long time. But when he develops properly, it's a huge bonus.

This is fascinating. Hodgson had a tremendous wjc. He has actually performed in the NHL. And even before this year you hated him. Yet Pulkinnen you think is a great piece, yet has not performed in the NHL, and has similar problems in his game as Hodgson. I'm sure you have watched him a bunch in GR. What does his game bring that fills you with confidence?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

oh you remember watching him at the WJC
:rolleyes:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
This is fascinating. Hodgson had a tremendous wjc. He has actually performed in the NHL. And even before this year you hated him. Yet Pulkinnen you think is a great piece, yet has not performed in the NHL, and has similar problems in his game as Hodgson. I'm sure you have watched him a bunch in GR. What does his game bring that fills you with confidence?

oh you remember watching him at the WJC
:rolleyes:

I bet you armchair scouts have been watching 10 GR games a season. :laugh:

And I really don't understand what CoHos failures have To do with Pulkkinen.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Deflection is always a fun game, when you don't have answers. This is your trade, tell us all something about the player you want.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I apologize to the Mod who had to clean up my "brain fart" when I started a new "Tank thread" when I meant to start a new "Myers Rumors" thread.

This is the voodoo, that you do, so well. Thanks.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
No you didn't. You said you saw him in one tournament 4 years ago, and he has point in the AHL. You have made no other mention of what makes him good or bad.

Lots of skill. NHL ready. Developed in the best system in the NHL. But this has all been established already. I don't know why you insist on talking in circles.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No you didn't. You said you saw him in one tournament 4 years ago, and he has point in the AHL. You have made no other mention of what makes him good or bad.

Scouting:
1. Detroit fans were making Pulkkinen based offers for Myers on the trade board
2. Go to hockeydb look up Pulkkinen
3. POINTS!

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan

I'll chime in here since I do. The answer is that Pulkkinen as a centerpiece for Myers is BRUTAL. Not saying he is a bad player, but in no way would I ever consider that.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Scouting:
1. Detroit fans were making Pulkkinen based offers for Myers on the trade board
2. Go to hockeydb look up Pulkkinen
3. POINTS!

Might as well shut down the boards. Apparently liking a kid when he was 19, and seeing that his development has gone great isn't enough around here. Nope, you have to be studying film on these guys on a regular basis. Only Jame and Sabrebuild are qualified. Everyone else, stop posting.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Lots of skill. NHL ready. Developed in the best system in the NHL. But this has all been established already. I don't know why you insist on talking in circles.

What kind of skill? Dangly-type skill or sniper-type skill? What type of players would he be most effective with?

I know NOTHING about him......

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I could have made the same argument about any random prospect in Detroit's system for the last 20 years. I'm not talking in circles. It's not a trick question. What about his game is NHL ready? When he has gotten called up he hasn't done anything in the NHL. He looks to me like an undersized guy, who doesn't have the athleticism to cross over as an NHL guy. He looks like a lesser version of Hodgson.

When you clearly state that you think he is going to be in our top six next year, but only think so because of AHL success and a general belief that Detroit players all succeed, I guess I would hope that there were other reasons for taking a risk like trading the team's best player.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I could have made the same argument about any random prospect in Detroit's system for the last 20 years. I'm not talking in circles. It's not a trick question. What about his game is NHL ready? When he has gotten called up he hasn't done anything in the NHL. He looks to me like an undersized guy, who doesn't have the athleticism to cross over as an NHL guy. He looks like a lesser version of Hodgson.

When you clearly state that you think he is going to be in our top six next year, but only think so because of AHL success and a general belief that Detroit players all succeed, I guess I would hope that there were other reasons for taking a risk like trading the team's best player.

Funny, people said the same thing about Tatar. Not surprisingly, when this was brought up last season and I pushed for Tatar, many (including you know who) thought I was out of my mind. Now, I don't think Detroit trades Tatar for Myers straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino