NESN NESN now available in New England on You Tube TV - $35 a month for many channels

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
For those that have youtube TV- Does it have a guide like ps vue?? where they have the time on the left and channel in alphabetical order on top?? something similar?"

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For those that have youtube TV- Does it have a guide like ps vue?? where they have the time on the left and channel in alphabetical order on top?? something similar?"

Under the "live TV" tab it's set up like a cable TV Guide . You can scroll down through channels and possibly filter by type although I haven't tried that yet. On a laptop if you highlight a channel a small box pops up and live streams that channel.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
At first I was excited. Then I realized Internet + cable TV isn't much different than Internet + Youtube TV pricewise. I'd be all about Youtube TV at a much lower monthly price or a yearly payment plan. (think Netflix'esque/hulu prices)

Right now NHL Package + VPN is cheaper. (now if they'd just completely get rid of regional blackouts, but I digress)

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
At first I was excited. Then I realized Internet + cable TV isn't much different than Internet + Youtube TV pricewise. I'd be all about Youtube TV at a much lower monthly price or a yearly payment plan. (think Netflix'esque/hulu prices)

Right now NHL Package + VPN is cheaper. (now if they'd just completely get rid of regional blackouts, but I digress)

If you want a DVR though I'd imagine the price would be higher. My monthly bill is around $160, if I switch to 200mbps internet at 85 and 35 for YouTube I get DVRs in all my rooms... the price is very similar though if you add other channels.

I'm hopeful internet prices fall as other companies move into Boston.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I decided to keep YT for the time being as NESNGo is still not allowed to carry the Bruins.

Came home tonight and they sent me a free Chromecast :)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

You can have 6 accounts allegedly. Each account must log in from the home network once per year.

Share with family and split the bill.

DistantCuzOBourque

Oct 3, 2017
The land of little ice
Count me a BIG fan of YTTV. When traveling away from Beantown I can watch live B's, Sox, & Pats for $35 per month and no added cost. It includes NBCSN so I will see those B's games as well and will also see the playoffs. Plus I get NESN pregame, postgame, etc which NHLCI doesnt deliver. The DVR is better than dish network and there is no lag when streaming to the big screen on the chromecast which is free after you pay the first month. The only thing I dont get is NHLN so I may miss a couple games over the course of the season. I have been testing it the past few weeks with preseason and it works great. Go B's!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad