NESN NESN now available in New England on You Tube TV - $35 a month for many channels

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well this is a game changer :handclap:

M00lHuC.png

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gai..._web&utm_medium=ep&utm_campaign=home&ve=34273

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What they are offering for $35 a month suits my needs :laugh:

Same.

If it's in HD

and it works 100% of the time

and gets every Bruins game

and every Patriots game

Seems like a lot of work to dump the cable and keep the internet, plus get an HBO subscription through my PS4.

At this point, I'll continue to mortgage my soul to Comcast out of sheer convenience and having everything under one roof so to speak.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Same.

If it's in HD

and it works 100% of the time

and gets every Bruins game

and every Patriots game

Seems like a lot of work to dump the cable and keep the internet, plus get an HBO subscription through my PS4.

At this point, I'll continue to mortgage my soul to Comcast out of sheer convenience and having everything under one roof so to speak.

Yep. I can't be bothered patchworking something together. Hopefully enough people jump ship and it gets cheaper as they try to win customers back.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://cordcuttingreport.com/2017/08/18/youtube-tv-debuts/

YouTube TV debuted in Boston this week, bringing a channel lineup that includes New England Sports Network.

NESN is among 53 channels that Boston customers will be able to live stream through YouTube TV, including other popular networks like AMC, National Geographic and Bravo.

The live streaming service poses yet another challenge to cable TV companies in the New England market such as Comcast, RCN and Spectrum.

Traditional cable and satellite TV customers have continued to drop nationally. Research firm SNL Kagan reported that this week that pay TV companies lost 976,000 customers in the second quarter.

For $35 per month, subscribers to YouTube TV will get both local and national channels. For anyone looking to ditch their cable subscription and save money, the real key to savings will be getting an inexpensive Internet-only subscription.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
[/B]

Yep. I can't be bothered patchworking something together. Hopefully enough people jump ship and it gets cheaper as they try to win customers back.

I tried it for a year and it just wasn't worth the headaches.

The frustration when they internet would go down and the game would buffer.
The lag being several seconds behind everyone else on the GDTs.
The hundreds of dollars spent at Applebee's watching Patriots games when streams were unavailable.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
If i could get it in NYC, I'd sign up right now. Looks like I'll have to keep find the games through totally legal ways like Center Ice.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
We crazy sports fans are the last bastion of slaves to cable.

I have one group of friends who couldn't care less about sports and most of them never even bothered with cable when their got their own places.

I have another group who were big sports fans and now watch very little because they just won't pay for cable.

For me, it's something I couldn't imagine going without.
Hard for me to remember the time before DVR and packages like center ice where you'd realistically miss a third of the games just out of "life" happening.

I remember one of the first purchases I made when I got a part time job was a TiVo.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
This is very tempting! Does anyone know if we will be able to watch Bruins games in 1080p through youtube tv? I'm thinking on cable (e.g. fios) it's only 1080i or 720p

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
We crazy sports fans are the last bastion of slaves to cable.

I have one group of friends who couldn't care less about sports and most of them never even bothered with cable when their got their own places.

I have another group who were big sports fans and now watch very little because they just won't pay for cable.

For me, it's something I couldn't imagine going without.
Hard for me to remember the time before DVR and packages like center ice where you'd realistically miss a third of the games just out of "life" happening.

I remember one of the first purchases I made when I got a part time job was a TiVo.
This is all so true. No way in hell would I pay for cable if not for the easy, all-encompassing access to live sports.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
...I have one group of friends who couldn't care less about sports and most of them never even bothered with cable when their got their own places...
Excluding Boston sports and the NHL network, we get an awesome package from PlayStation for $35 a month and it even includes CBS, Fox, the MLB, NBA, and NFL networks.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I can't imagine life without food network and Red Zone.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
It is a good deal as the similar PS Vue package went up to $45 and that does not include ABC/FOX Only issue with YouTube TV is 0 support for most TV streaming players (Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV etc) that is a deal breaker for me. Will just keep PS Vue

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
The chrome browser on a computer currently lets you stream to a Roku. Has anyone tried that with the YouTube TV service?

Also, how bad is the time delay? Roku users that use the Comcast app are already used to a little bit of time delay. No worse than the NHL app.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So is this a better option compared to PlayStation vue's service? Can you pause games/record/go back and watch if you get home late or have to watch the next day?

6 users can share the account for the one price and each gets a full DVR with unlimited memory,

You can try it free for a week.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just signed up for the 14 day free trial

2AnAaU3.jpg

NESN on You Tube TV is only 19 seconds behind the Comcast cable box.

Picture quality is outstanding :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad