NESN may soon vanish from Xfinity

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Verizon FiOS started NESN 4K service for both the Red Sox and Bruins and Xfinity flat out refuses to do so.

NESN wants more money a month and Xfinity wants to pay less a month.

:popcorn:

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Like the fans aren't paying for it in the end anyway regardless of the outcome...

061a15d2b93f135a669d6dfa780d2dce.gif

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hate cable companies and TV stations in general at this point.

I am seriously considering ditching cable altogether. I'm happy with Netflix/Hulu and YouTube. If it means I can't watch all the Bruins games, oh well, so be it. Xfinity just upped my package from $187 to $237 a month because my "contract" was up. What a joke.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I used to have Fubu because they had nesn but I cut that when I moved back to NH from upstate NY because I didn't need it anymore with Xfinity

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005

I am seriously considering ditching cable altogether. I'm happy with Netflix/Hulu and YouTube. If it means I can't watch all the Bruins games, oh well, so be it. Xfinity just upped my package from $187 to $237 a month because my "contract" was up. What a joke.
Did you have a bundle? When my contract with verizon next April, there will no longer be any bundles.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So what exactly is the end game here for NESN?
Short-term NESN can simply say we spent a lot of money to provide games in 4K (and that is true) and Xfinity refuses to carry it.

BTW Xfinity is showing TWO USFL games in 4K this weekend. Spectrum refuses to offer 4K nationwide.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
My better half says we can get NESN via Fubu and ditch cable entirely, we have Netflix and Prime etc. already, anyone who knows how all this works can verify this as an option??

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

That's more then I pay in Canada.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Short-term NESN can simply say we spent a lot of money to provide games in 4K (and that is true) and Xfinity refuses to carry it.

BTW Xfinity is showing TWO USFL games in 4K this weekend. Spectrum refuses to offer 4K nationwide.
What good is that if no one can watch them because they keep getting dropped from platforms.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My better half says we can get NESN via Fubu and ditch cable entirely, we have Netflix and Prime etc. already, anyone who knows how all this works can verify this as an option??
The only problem is Fubu doesn't carry TNT :banghead:

That becomes an issue if the Bruins advance to the second round.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
NESN is pushing their luck. Does anyone really spend 4 hours watching baseball?

The last time I paid attention, Sox viewership was dismal. What leverage do they have?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad