NESN NESN launches app that features live streams of Red Sox and Bruins games

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
for 30 a month they should have a library of every single bruins and redsox game ever televised available to watch.
It would still be overpriced.

This should have come in at 15 bucks, max. But they probably (hopefully) did some market research and found that the difference in subs from 15 to 30 bucks isn't quite as bad as a 50% decrease, so they win out at $30.

If I were to cancel cable and go with the NESN app and internet, I might shave 80 bucks off my total monthly cost. Of course then I would lose ESPN, TNT and TBS, not to mention every other channel. Not to mention an app is still super inconvenient IMO.

If they wanna suck me in as a streamer they need to make it easy and cost effective before I'll even consider it. They have not done either.

Reactions: Silva

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
My cable and internet bill was $370 last month. Now the internet bill is $70, Hulu Live is $70, and NESN will be $30 once the Bruins start. $170 vs $370 is a no brainer. That said, NESN better deliver value for $30 with some combination of 4K, NESN vault, no ads, selectable cameras and audio, VR support, or live feeds from rookie camp, training camp, and practices. And they'd better show ALL preseason games.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Well since the NHL regular season is a snooze fest and regular season baseball is better on the radio, I would much rather have Sling TV for $30 when the teams are in the playoffs. $30/mo for regular season only is a joke

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
$30 bucks for one channel. Wow. Werner doesn’t care. He’ll get everything he can so he can go buy something else on peoples dime and give us a shit product. He’s ruined my Sox appeal with his rating decisions. Buying players for ratings. Up and down years. No steady team.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Apologies if there is already a thread on this but how on earth is Nesn charging $30 a month or $330 per year for their streaming service. You can basically get every other streaming service out there combined for less than Nesn is charging.

I wanted to get the service so I don’t miss a game but at $330 I have to refuse based on principal. I can’t imagine too many people going for this. Has anyone on here signed up?

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Don't get me started on this topic. NESN has gone out of their way to make streaming inaccessible. Outside of this overpriced standalone service, they're only on two streaming platforms: Fubo (which doesn't carry TNT) and DirecTV (which I've found to have very poor streaming quality). They're basically forcing you to get cable.

With that being said, I'm begrudgingly going to try NESN 360 + Sling TV (for national games) this upcoming season. I hate the idea of forking over $30/month to Tom Werner's greedy ass, but it still seems like the cheapest option. +Sling TV it's $65/month, which isn't bad. Plus, unlimited access to such gems as Dining Playbook and Sox Appeal :rolleyes:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Don't get me started on this topic. NESN has gone out of their way to make streaming inaccessible. Outside of this overpriced standalone service, they're only on two streaming platforms: Fubo (which doesn't carry TNT) and DirecTV (which I've found to have very poor streaming quality). They're basically forcing you to get cable.

With that being said, I'm begrudgingly going to try NESN 360 + Sling TV (for national games) this upcoming season. I hate the idea of forking over $30/month to Tom Werner's greedy ass, but it still seems like the cheapest option. +Sling TV it's $65/month, which isn't bad. Plus, unlimited access to such gems as Dining Playbook and Sox Appeal :rolleyes:
I’ve got ESPN+ and TNT I hope that covers me for a majority of the games. If not I will probably have to do the same.

I have Comcast and think (hope) I am all set.

The price of Comcast is already WAY to much
You should be good. It’s mainly a issue for those of us that are primarily outside of New England. They ended up region locking their streaming service through cable providers as well.

Reactions: GoBs

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I’ve got ESPN+ and TNT I hope that covers me for a majority of the games. If not I will probably have to do the same.

You should be good. It’s mainly a issue for those of us that are primarily outside of New England. They ended up region locking their streaming service through cable providers as well.
I will unfortunately have to stick to listening on the radio again this year. ☹️

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway, what’s the latest on the deal between Xfinity and NESN?
N5ar.gif

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston

That's not NESN's fault.. blame Google for that

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

So true. I actually bought fubo for nesn and (well I guess I'm a moron) I bought the big D package and it has pretty much everything except for nesn, lmao. I give up and I hope that channel folds

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For a limited time only, subscribe to an annual NESN 360 plan and receive 2 free tickets to a Bruins game this season and 15% off at BostonProShop.com.* Stream live Bruins games and watch game recaps and highlights, as well as new original shows and exclusive series, only on NESN 360.

1664221278633.png

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
I may try it for the last few months when we get further into the season. Honestly, since it has been more challenging for me to see the Bruins since we started streaming, I've watched a whole lot fewer games.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I got rid of cable a few months ago now that I'm retired and trying to cut back on monthly expenses. It was a waste of my money as I only used it for the B's and occasionally the Weather Channel during hurricane season. I will probably try the NESN app on a month by month basis once the regular season gets going and use my Amazon Fire Stick to watch it on my TV. I already subscribe to several streaming services and it's still way cheaper than FIOS TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad