NESN NESN launches app that features live streams of Red Sox and Bruins games

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
well I dont watch baseball and it wont be long until the Bruins arent going to be worth watching live games for.
So for myself, I wouldnt pay more than $10 a month for something like this if it was my only option.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Ummm what??? I pay $70 a month for Disney+, Hulu and Espn+ bundle. There is NOOOOO way I can justify $30 more to watch bruins games. I’ll continue watching by other means and the bruins (and sox) can continue losing viewers. Then in 10 years they can debate about how they don’t have a new generation of fans. Cable is going away, no one in New England can watch you!!!! lol what a joke

Wonder if this is why they played hardball with all of the streaming services (YTTV, Hulu).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Over the last 3-5yrs I've had to hope around TV services in order to watch NESN because NESN would get dropped. If they get dropped from Xfinity no way in hell am I paying $30 a month for the quality of crap they put out. I'll find alternative methods to view games.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So hopefully this means I don't pay any more as I have NESN already on Comcast? I am SURE that will change as Concast is such a rip off

"The app, the first of its kind from a regional sports network for an MLB or NHL team, is available at no additional cost for those who already subscribe to NESN via their cable provider."

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ummm what??? I pay $70 a month for Disney+, Hulu and Espn+ bundle. There is NOOOOO way I can justify $30 more to watch bruins games. I’ll continue watching by other means and the bruins (and sox) can continue losing viewers. Then in 10 years they can debate about how they don’t have a new generation of fans. Cable is going away, no one in New England can watch you!!!! lol what a joke

Wonder if this is why they played hardball with all of the streaming services (YTTV, Hulu).

$70 a month for the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle? Who is charging you that, a Nigerian prince? I pay $19.95 and I get the no ads versions.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
NESN's contracts with Xfinity, Spectrum and Cox are expiring and the sides are not even close.

FIOS signed a new deal gambling that other cable outlets will drop NESN
The FSG money grab continues ..,walk away from cable and set up your own streaming vehicle....then price it obscenely high and bet a certain percentage of people ( say 40%) will be willing to pay

the math they are counting on is that the revenue from the stream - even with a significantly reduced audience- will be greater than what the cable companies are paying

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
NESN's contracts with Xfinity, Spectrum and Cox are expiring and the sides are not even close.

What are the expiration dates?

OK so this might be making a bit more sense, althought the price is still ridiculous. If NESN comes off of all the major carriers then people who don't know another way to get the games will have no choice but to pay the $30 if they want to watch the games. That's robbery without a gun by the NESN folks.

Reactions: BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
$70 a month for the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle? Who is charging you that, a Nigerian prince? I pay $19.95 and I get the no ads versions.
I assume he is getting the local channels as well. I do the same for the Hulu+ bundle at $20/month. Getting the out of town NHL games is cluch, and they pick up the local feed so we don't get the garbage ESPN production.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What are the expiration dates?

OK so this might be making a bit more sense, althought the price is still ridiculous. If NESN comes off of all the major carriers then people who don't know another way to get the games will have no choice but to pay the $30 if they want to watch the games. That's robbery without a gun by the NESN folks.
1654118946117.png

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

If they are charging 30$ a month to the consumer I can old image what they want otherwise. what a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad