NESN NESN launches app that features live streams of Red Sox and Bruins games

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'll still use free internet streams while they're reliable. But if those didn't exist, I think I'd pay $2.50 a game to watch them on NESN which is what it more or less works out to. The value there lines up for me. That said fully recognize they picked a dumb price point.

It's actually worse for me, that's $40 of my dollars lol.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
does anyone if they have bruins or red sox classic games to watch as well?
Im talking about random games from like the 90s?
I mean, if they wanna bring people in to buy this, that would be a selling point for me at least.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Lots of chatter surrounding this topic in the Game Day Thread last night:

I think I speak for many when I say there is concern for Jack Edwards.

Whether you enjoy his stylistic approach or not, there is a level of appreciation for him being the television voice of this organization the better part of the past two decades.

What we heard last night was scary and I hope he’s ok.

Reactions: PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Whether you enjoy his stylistic approach or not, there is a level of appreciation for him being the television voice of this organization the better part of the past two decades.

I mentioned in the other thread that I noticed Jack starting to slur his words over the course of last season. I didn't see the game last night but I hope he's ok.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Bumping because I’ve been seeing a persistent issue with the NESN 360 app for Roku and curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this:

Once or twice per game, the video will cut off mid-play to a gray screen that reads “Your program will begin after this message.” The audio from the game keeps playing though. This lasts for a solid 10-20 seconds.

I’ve noticed it always happens when the game is “scheduled” to be over. For instance, tonight it cut off at 8:30 on the dot. I assume this is because the game started at 6 and NESN estimates it to last 2.5 hours.

It’s not the end of the world, but it is pretty frustrating. When you pay $30/month for a service, you expect it to at least work. Then again, this is NESN and they can’t get anything right.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020

Too much peace pipe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad