Nelson, Strome, Lee who doesn't making team

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Josh Bailey's problem is simply that he thinks too much. Rather than letting plays develop he takes odd pauses during a rush and tries to figure out a what he wants to do next rather than keeping his feet moving and driving to the net. He's got all the talent to be a top forward in this league but he's simply not letting it happen.

For someone as cerebral as him, when chips are down he's his worse enemy. When he's not playing well again his mind gets in the way and loses all confidence as he gets harder and harder on himself- so his game suffers even more.

He's got to drive harder to the net more, win the physical battles as he's driving towards the net which means fighting through checks, keep his feet moving and get into high scoring areas then let his natural abilities take over once he's in scoring position. He's got to stop thinking and start playing more instinctually.

I'm not too sure if I'd get rid of him at this point but his opportunities for staying with this team are dwindling. I don't want the Islanders to be on the receiving end if finally figures all of this out. Give him one more year to make it happen.

YOu are right. It is a mental issue. he has the mind, but I see it as he doesn't trust himself so he is always second guessing his choices when he should just go with whatever his brain tells him and to stop questioning every move. He is letting the game intimidate him.

Drcrush

Jun 13, 2012
First off, why are you putting KO on JT's LW and who is Poulok? Lmao

MY opening day roster

Nelson- Tavares- Okposo
Kulimen- Grabbo- Strome
Grabner- Fransy- Bailey
Martin- CC- Clutterbuck

Hamonic-Dehaan
Hickley-Vishnevsky
Strait-Reinhart

Halak
johnson

Scratches- Donovan and Carkner

Lee, Bailey and Grabner are expendable one will get traded during the season.

Also if/when vis gets hurt depending on the length i can see Pulock getting called up.

First off, WHOs Vishnevsky.? Lmao

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Seems like people forget about Conacher. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the wildcard to play top line

He wasn't signed to be an afterthought.

I actually think he was very much signed because Snow intends to move some other forwards, with the aforementioned Bailey and Grabner being the most likely.

Also, this team is moving forward thinking each of Nelson, Strome, and Lee will be integral parts in top 9 roles. Still, if no move is made, Lee may be on the outside looking in simply because he CAN be sent down.

Looking forward to it.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
He wasn't signed to be an afterthought.

I actually think he was very much signed because Snow intends to move some other forwards, with the aforementioned Bailey and Grabner being the most likely.

Also, this team is moving forward thinking each of Nelson, Strome, and Lee will be integral parts in top 9 roles. Still, if no move is made, Lee may be on the outside looking in simply because he CAN be sent down.

Looking forward to it.

Another possibility is that he was signed before Snow knew he would be able to land any vet forwards. Once he managed to make some signings, Conacher became irrelevant and is slated to either ride the pine or get sent down.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Another possibility is that he was signed before Snow knew he would be able to land any vet forwards. Once he managed to make some signings, Conacher became irrelevant and is slated to either ride the pine or get sent down.

I could see that being a possibility, but then again I don't think Snow needed to be in a big rush to sign him either. Sounds like he was targeted and is in the plans. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't see the Kulemin/Grabovski signing as a big surprise to Snow (only fans) and that Conacher was signed for a specific purpose.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I could see that being a possibility, but then again I don't think Snow needed to be in a big rush to sign him either. Sounds like he was targeted and is in the plans. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't see the Kulemin/Grabovski signing as a big surprise to Snow (only fans) and that Conacher was signed for a specific purpose.

Bingo :) He is a DEPTH player that can play on your first line or all the way down to your forth line. Don't expect us to go through the year without injuries he will be used. Don't be surprised if he is the surprise of the camp.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I think Conacher is there for when Grabner and Bails go 30 games with 1 point. For when McDonald/Martin need to sit a game and they don't want to put in a heavyweight like Boulton but someone with skill.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Conacher to me seems like your typical Snow bargin bin pickup. He sort of reminds me of PA Parenteau but with more NHL seasoning.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Why the worry about Conacher? Why he was signed, etc. is basically irrelevant. We'll see what happens in camp. There are players with options. And no team is really going to jump to take Conacher on waivers anyway. I mean, Devin Setoguchi was just signed for 750K a couple of days ago. Who, exactly, is going to jump for Conacher?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Why the worry about Conacher? Why he was signed, etc. is basically irrelevant. We'll see what happens in camp. There are players with options. And no team is really going to jump to take Conacher on waivers anyway. I mean, Devin Setoguchi was just signed for 750K a couple of days ago. Who, exactly, is going to jump for Conacher?

While I totally agree with the "why worry about Conacher", at this point he is a much better option to what Setoguchi has become. I don't believe he would clear waivers but really who cares if he doesn't, he is here to make the Islanders and if he doesn't why worry ? P.S. 5 teams put in waiver claims when he was waived last year.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
I love this. We have too many offensive weapons, when was the last time we saw this. I think we could see the lineup be juggled from time to time. I'm just glad to know that if someone goes down, the offense will continue without missing a beat. Lee will get his shot once anyone goes down.

My opening day roster:

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo
Kulemin - Grabo - Strome
Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck
Next in line: Lee

Viznovsky - Hickey
Harmonic - de Haan
Strait/Brennan - Reinhart
Next in line: Brennan/Strait

Halak
Johnson