Celebrity Death: Neil Peart

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Saw the news, stared at my screen for a few minutes, lost all feelings in my legs, ... Waiting to wake up to realise it was just a bad dream. Or not.

**** no...

91saOaX.jpg

Go away death... you're drunk.

Reactions: BiggE

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Curious to know how long he has been sick
I was thinking the same thing. Some brain tumors can kill in months while others can take years. Makes me think it might have been a while and one of the reasons the band retired as he wanted to spend more time with his wife and daughter. Some might not know the band almost disbanded in the late 90s after the deaths of his first wife and 19-year old daughter within 10 months of each other. He left the band and took off on a motorcycle journey that led to his book Ghost Rider: Travels on the healing road.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So glad I got to see them live. What an experience. Greatest drummer I've ever seen live.

RIP the Goat.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Seriously, am I dreaming?!? This band has been (and still is) such an important part of my life for the last 40 years, Neil in particular. The lyrics, the books, the drumming... Oh boy the drumming.
Felt so much for him reading Ghost Rider, he got through and continued to amaze.

Never thought a musician's death could hurt more than Bowie's. Man I was so wrong.

Sleep well Professor...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

Horrible news... he can finally see his wife and daughter again...

His line from the RnR Hall speech says it all, "those who remain, and those who are gone".

You will be truly missed :'(

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Curious if anyone else has read the book he co-wrote with Kevin J Anderson that ties in with the Clockwork Angels album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad