Player Discussion Neal Pionk: Part II

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I didn't say he's an all star. He's been playing well, and it's very early in the season. I do not agree at all that he has been "bleeding" anything, and I think terms like that are just a bunch of BS.

And yes, just because you don't care about ADA v. Pionk, a lot of the rabbling is exactly about that, and it clouds every discussion.

Me saying that he's bleeding shots against isn't a subjective opinion, it's objetive facts. We have objective data provided by NHL.com and NHLs own play-by-play telling us that Pionk is indeed bleeding shots against… You can argue that it's not his fault or that it doesn't matter for X or Y reason but you can't argue the fact that he's bleeding shots against.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Me saying that he's bleeding shots against isn't a subjective opinion, it's objetive facts. We have objective data provided by NHL.com and NHLs own play-by-play telling us that Pionk is indeed bleeding shots against… You can argue that it's not his fault or that it doesn't matter for X or Y reason but you can't argue the fact that he's bleeding shots against.

What is "bleeding shots" ?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Argue against how we interpret the data but come on, be smart enough to not argue against the objective data itself unless you have proof it's unreliable.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Argue against how we interpret the data but come on, be smart enough to not argue against the objective data itself unless you have proof it's unreliable.

Who is WE. Wtf are you talking about We?

Anyway, I'm asking what "bleeding shots" means to you. Unless you are incapable of anything but circular logic.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
It's conceding lots of shots against

True - but he's also on pace for a 50 point season - which means that he's taking risks and being somewhat successful taking those risks. He's also playing 1st pairing (ATOI 22+) minutes despite being a greenhorn with 40 NHL games under his belt. "Bleeding shots" should be somewhat expected given his style of play and what he's being asked to do.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
True - but he's also on pace for a 50 point season - which means that he's taking risks and being somewhat successful taking those risks. He's also playing 1st pairing (ATOI 22+) minutes despite being a greenhorn with 40 NHL games under his belt. "Bleeding shots" should be somewhat expected given his style of play and what he's being asked to do.

f*** dude...

I just asked him to give some explanation besides copy and paste, and then you jump in spoon feeding him actual thoughts. Shame on you...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Bleeding shots means he's giving up a lot more shots then the average Ranger does on a /60 basis. Not sure how that's so hard to understand, but oh well, guess ur just not that clever.

This is a definition [i.e copy-paste].

This is context/analysis, and I happen to agree with this poster, hence when I previously mentioned Pionk's "realized results and net positive effect on the team so far".

So when looked at in context he's not bleeding anything. More importantly in a rebuild with many players with very few NHL games under the belt and a team shiftiest strategy and team identity every few games, context for these stats have never been more important.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
This is a definition [i.e copy-paste].

This is context/analysis, and I happen to agree with this, hence when I previously mentioned Pionk's "realized results and net positive effect on the team so far".

So when looked at in context he's not bleeding anything. More importantly in a rebuild with many players with very few NHL games under the belt and a team shiftiest strategy and team identity every few games, context for these stats have never been more important.

I've given context/analysis on WHY he's bleeding shots, you're the one who asked what it meant, hence why i told you what bleeding shots means. When looking at it in a context he is indeed bleeding shots. The reasons why is that he's bad at defending the blueline because of a lacking gap Control and because he doesn't move the puck well at all under pressure, instead he gives the puck away by tossing it up the wall.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I've given context/analysis on WHY he's bleeding shots, you're the one who asked what it meant, hence why i told you what bleeding shots means. When looking at it in a context he is indeed bleeding shots. The reasons why is that he's bad at defending the blueline because of a lacking gap Control and because he doesn't move the puck well at all under pressure, instead he gives the puck away by tossing it up the wall.

See you just keep regurgitating this stuff, and I disagree with it too.

He looked to be shaking in his boots when he roasted the Habs from end to end.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
See you just keep regurgitating this stuff, and I disagree with it too.

He looked to be shaking in his boots when he roasted the Habs from end to end.

Because you're too thick to take it in.

His end-to-end goal against Habs has what exactly to do with his defensive play? You must be trolling.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Because you're too thick to take it in.

His end-to-end goal against Habs has what exactly to do with his defensive play? You must be trolling.

It has to do with his apprehensive play with the puck you referred to without evidence or answering my question about his positive net impact on the team.

The reasons why is that he's bad at defending the blueline because of a lacking gap Control and because he doesn't move the puck well at all under pressure, instead he gives the puck away by tossing it up the wall.

Think of it like this, not only do I disagree with you in other plays besides his end to end rush, but winning a puck battle deep in his zone , looping around and spinning off a fore check, and carrying it far west then east across the net past two defenders doesn't exactly support the notion the said player is nervous or bad under pressure to say the least.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Bleeding shots means he's giving up a lot more shots then the average Ranger does on a /60 basis. Not sure how that's so hard to understand, but oh well, guess ur just not that clever.
What metric are you using?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad