NE Ohio Pens fans w/ Center Ice subscription

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
the problem is, i want to watch the games on tv with my cable box, without having to deal with VPNs, internet connection, etc.. i've done it this way for years and years without any issues. i also purchase a package for my parents, so my dad can watch and the two of us can watch when i'm over. my dad has no clue how to stream stuff, so that's not an option.

My dad was having a problem with Directv and had to switch to DirectvNow (AT&T Now), which doesn't offer the Pirate games. I stopped by and wired a splitter from my dad's PC to his television, then gave him the MLB reddit link as a bookmark in his browser and a 3 by 5 card with some additional, basic instructions (like how to change the input for baseball and how to change it back for other tv). After like a week of trial and error, he found a streamer he liked and got the rest of it figured out. He's watched I'd guess 300 or 400 baseball games since then and only had to contact me...idk...twice, maybe? Mid-70s and entirely non-technical, so there's hope for anyone.

Of course, I wouldn't have needed to do this for him if AT&T Now would just carry AT&T sports. He'd be happy to subscribe to their network if there was any way of doing that without changing television providers again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00