Trade: [NE/ATL] Patriots acquire WR Mohamed Sanu in exchange for second-round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I like the move. Sanu is a really good run blocker who can take pressure off Edelman.

A second rounder(really early 3rd unless it belongs to another team) does feel steep. But your starting QB is also old as dirt.
Great return for Atlanta. Have Julio and Ridley. Allows them some cap space to upgrade another area of the team in the off season.

the second round pick is likely to be in the 60-64 range. Think everyone expects the Patriots to at least be in the afc championship game which puts them in the final 4.

Have him under contract for another year but I doubt it’s a guaranteed year given his age and when he signed the deal with Atlanta. So if he is a horrible fit the Patriots can cut bait really fast.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Indeed. Especially considering Emmanuel Sanders went for a 3rd

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Never understood the hype around Sanu. He is nothing more then #3 WR who benefited from teams putting all attention on elite WR's (Green in Cincy and Jones in Atlanta)

I don’t know about the hype, but Sanu has done a pretty good job over his career of being at least a #3 who filled in adequately as a #2 more often then not when called to do so.

And most teams these days are running 3 WR sets on a majority of plays.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Pats releasing him...turned out to be a pretty terrible trade.

Agreed. But I will give Bill props for the fact that he's never afraid to cut bait if its not working out. A lot of teams would hold on their asset because of the price they paid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad