Trade: [NE/ATL] Patriots acquire WR Mohamed Sanu in exchange for second-round pick

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Finally some WR help.

Sanu is not an all-pro or anything, but he's an established NFL receiver.

With Harry coming off IR soon, the depth gets better.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Really was hoping for Sanders but Sanu is a good piece for the Pats and will likely fit in nicely; he has a reputation for being a pretty smart player, right? I always worry about veteran guys coming here to work in this system with Brady. 2nd seems steep so maybe I'm under rating Sanu.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Very happy about getting Sanu.

Can't wait to get Winn and Harry back. That should boost the offense quite a lot.

Run game has been very meh so Winn coming back should help tremendously. Sanu gives Brady another WR who can get open. Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Sanu and Harry is a pretty great group. Meyers is nice depth as well.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so i guess this means gordon is now on the outside looking in?

wonder if they move him. he hasn't shown any sort of chemistry with brady at all

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
That's a really steep price to pay for someone who might be their 3rd or 4th WR option when everyone is healthy. Yeah they're a bit thin now on WR with the injuries, but they're 6-0 and should be in no urgency to make a move like this. They can easily find guys like Sanu in the off-season as a free agent and here they are giving up a 2nd round pick.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
so i guess this means gordon is now on the outside looking in?

wonder if they move him. he hasn't shown any sort of chemistry with brady at all

Nah, they needed another WR. I don’t think this displaces anybody, it fills a need

I don’t see them moving Gordon. He hasn’t looked great with Brady but honestly I think a lot of that falls on Brady. I can recall more than a few times this year where Gordon was targeted but it wasn’t a well thrown ball

Honestly he needs to give Gordon more contested opportunities down the field

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's a really steep price to pay for someone who might be their 3rd or 4th WR option when everyone is healthy. Yeah they're a bit thin now on WR with the injuries, but they're 6-0 and should be in no urgency to make a move like this. They can easily find guys like Sanu in the off-season as a free agent and here they are giving up a 2nd round pick.

If they could “easily” do that they would’ve done that. They’ve been trying to get him for awhile.

They have him for next year too. That pick will probs be 60 or higher. They have two comp 3rd rounders coming in. I have zero issues with this trade as a pats fan. As a matter of fact I love it

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
If they could “easily” do that they would’ve done that. They’ve been trying to get him for awhile.

They have him for next year too. That pick will probs be 60 or higher. They have two comp 3rd rounders coming in. I have zero issues with this trade as a pats fan. As a matter of fact I love it

I mean yeah they'll make it work because it's the Pats, but still, a 2nd round pick is steep for a player who is best-suited to be a 3rd WR.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean yeah they'll make it work because it's the Pats, but still, a 2nd round pick is steep for a player who is best-suited to be a 3rd WR.

I think a huge factor here is they believe Sanu will be able to pick up the offense mid season which may have been an issue with other receivers.

It seems steep but at the end of the day they’ll get 30 games out of him with health and good fortune. Parting with a 2nd is an easy decision to make when you’re trotting Gunner Olszewski, a division 2 defensive back, out on offense in one of Brady’s last seasons

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Reliable hands should be a pretty good option for the most part though haven't watched the Falcons much this year even though i'm a Carolina Panthers fan.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I like the move. Sanu is a really good run blocker who can take pressure off Edelman.

A second rounder(really early 3rd unless it belongs to another team) does feel steep. But your starting QB is also old as dirt.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If figured this guy was ancient, feels like hes been around forever. Actually only 30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad