GDT: NDSF Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 6/2/21 7:30pm EST CBC, SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
MNgRtoj.jpg

TeNft0P.jpg

ycicj9M.jpg

Love it!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watch Kyle Connor Please

Don't remember who was in net but Connor did kill us this season. Price knows this for sure. Problem is Price has to worry about a few shooters. I expect Price to come down in quality of play to some degree but if he is unreal again, that's even more impressive for me.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I gotta think the schedule will be the death of them. But the Jets earned that time off, so kudos to them.

The Jets defense will let up chances, but the Habs will need to finish.

I don't see the Jets forwards folding under the pressure like the Leafs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I gotta think the schedule will be the death of them. But the Jets earned that time off, so kudos to them.

The Jets defense will let up chances, but the Habs will need to finish.

I don't see the Jets forwards folding under the pressure like the Leafs.

Win one game of the 1st two and then the fans can get them going again for 3/4. Habs roll lines so I think the forwards will be fine (somewhat younger group). It's the top 4D that we have to worry about getting burned out.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even with a weaker D, the Jets have one of the league's best goalies and their forward group is a good mix of skill and physicality. Habs won't be able to push them around the way they did the Leafs' players. The Jets have guys who will battle back.

This isn't to say Habs will roll over. But whereas the Leafs players were afraid to get hit and rushed to make plays, causing turnovers, the Jets forwards will welcome that challenge.

And unlike the Leafs, the Jets have had success in the playoffs in recent years. So they're more battle tested.

However, you think about the season series between the two teams, the games were close aside from one game where the Habs beat the Jets 7-1 and another one where Jets beat the Habs 5-0.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Ehlers is a factor on the 2nd line but that 1st line is the one that will pound you with their size. Evans/Danault/Gallagher need to be against their top line. If I was Ducharme, I'd make a challenge to Caufield where his job is to counter Ehlers and use his speed to make sure he don't get loose. Caufield and Ehlers are not very big guys so it would be interesting to watch. However, for as good as I like Caufield's skating, Ehlers skating is unreal

Suzuki and Toffoli won't be able to keep up to Ehlers.

Yes. I did say danault should should matchup against a stacked 1st line. But I also agree with matching up the 2nd lines together. My only concern is whether Suzuki will be able to handle the size of Dubois especially since he isn't fast like Caufield. The matchups should be harder this series, the first line about the same, and the D with be easier to breach and get slot shots off of.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I expect a strong start from the habs. Jets will be fresh but also rusty. Habs have honed their team game in the last few nights so will be a bit more fatigued but ready to go

Lets hope they don't show like Vegas did:eek:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Jets have a great goalie and a great power play. Not a great match for Montreal unfortunately. We're going to have a tough time scoring. I'd have much preferred the Oilers.

House money. It's all gravy. But it sure would be nice to win another round.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I fully expect Montreal to play a very tight defensive game. I don't foresee much offense coming from our d, they'll probably play it like they did in OT against the Leafs where the forwards stay behind the blue line and our forwards look for a mistake to capitalize on. The Jets can role 2 scoring lines unlike the Leafs without Tavares, so it'll be harder to contain them.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Let's win this series in 5 or 6 to get at least a 3days break before the semis. Going to 7 again would be rough for a 3rd round with no rest at all and 14 games in the last 26 days.

Let's caught them off guard and push as if they are all game 7 and they'll be rewarded with some time with their families before going to the US.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Now that the Leafs are gone and the schadenfreude is wearing down, I am back to being puzzled by the use of Staal and the benching of Romanov. Healthy Lekhonen should also be in the lineup, no question, because this team filled with forecheckers is poor at forechecking. Some players are visibly hurt; Anderson can't skate, Weber can't shoot. Rotating your depth should be a given, but Ducharme being in over his head will prevent any kind of logical choices.

Winnipeg seems to be the favorite here, but the Habs just eliminated the team that destroyed the division. Also the Jets season was as mediocre as us and they definitely have some holes in their lineup, mainly their defense.

Reactions: Habs13 and Habs178

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Now that the Leafs are gone and the schadenfreude is wearing down, I am back to being puzzled by the use of Staal and the benching of Romanov. Healthy Lekhonen should also be in the lineup, no question, because this team filled with forecheckers is poor at forechecking. Some players are visibly hurt; Anderson can't skate, Weber can't shoot. Rotating your depth should be a given, but Ducharme being in over his head will prevent any kind of logical choices.

Winnipeg seems to be the favorite here, but the Habs just eliminated the team that destroyed the division. Also the Jets season was as mediocre as us and they definitely have some holes in their lineup, mainly their defense.

I think Anderson may be injured, but he may also be in the middle of a disappearing act. In mind mind he should be the first out if Lekhonen comes back. I believe rotating Tatar - Staal could make sense, as well as Romanov - Kulak - Gustafsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad