GDT: NDSF Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 6/2/21 7:30pm EST CBC, SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
MNgRtoj.jpg

TeNft0P.jpg

ycicj9M.jpg

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think they can split the games in Winnipeg but it'll be difficult to win game 1. I'd like to see a stat on the performance of teams who go seven against teams that went 5 and under when they faced off in the next round.

Ducharme might want to use that danault line the same if they are stacking their 1st line. I think the Habs need to get to Ehlers. That should be priority #1. Take him out and the depth scoring and be easily controlled

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hopefully the Jets are rusty! Come out strong and get in Hellebuyck's head early on!

30% on the PP in round 1 (3/10). I think this will be a big factor. Hopefully we can contain them on the PP.

I also think Evans should play with Danault and Gallagher. If we are going to try to shutdown their top line, we need someone who can skate and play physical with Danault and Gallagher. All 3 boys on their top line are big and strong.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs can win this and I think we all need to recognize that DD actually has a clue. He was thrown into the fire that included many injuries and an insane schedule that didn't allow him to practice his new team.
Now it's coming together and game 7 was impressive.

Don't count the Habs out just yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs can win this and I think we all need to recognize that DD actually has a clue. He was thrown into the fire that included many injuries and an insane schedule that didn't allow him to practice his new team.
Now it's coming together and game 7 was impressive.

Don't count the Habs out just yet.

Game 7 was impressive. I loved the north/south game and less messing around in our own end. Get it out when there is clutter. Turnovers in our own end while we were messing around with the puck, killed us all season long. It was probably our biggest area of improvement.

Jets have a big forward group, meh D, and good goalie. Our D lacks some mobility but they play a tight box and they can pound you along the walls. The issue is when we get the puck back in our own end, we need to not give it back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think they can split the games in Winnipeg but it'll be difficult to win game 1. I'd like to see a stat on the performance of teams who go seven against teams that went 5 and under when they faced off in the next round.

Ducharme might want to use that danault line the same if they are stacking their 1st line. I think the Habs need to get to Ehlers. That should be priority #1. Take him out and the depth scoring and be easily controlled

Ehlers is a factor on the 2nd line but that 1st line is the one that will pound you with their size. Evans/Danault/Gallagher need to be against their top line. If I was Ducharme, I'd make a challenge to Caufield where his job is to counter Ehlers and use his speed to make sure he don't get loose. Caufield and Ehlers are not very big guys so it would be interesting to watch. However, for as good as I like Caufield's skating, Ehlers skating is unreal

Suzuki and Toffoli won't be able to keep up to Ehlers.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Will Romanov get into the lineup? Will Habs d finally produce some offense? Only 1 assist by Petry in the Leafs series will not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad