NCC still hoping for major events centre at Lebreton Flats

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well at least no matter what, Melnyk came out looking like the villain as far as public perception goes, so it helps to tarnish his poor reputation a little further. Good news either way.

I think all three sides looked bad

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Isn’t that a group that has purchased that area of land cleaning it up before they build?
And do you think the two groups bid to make no money? Retail space and condos are being built for profit fella. They are not doing the city of Ottawa a friendly favor paid for by a private group just for fun
And like I said it was all a big scam to hand Rudy control and you agree a farce indeed.

Trying to act like everything I said is false is a huge stretch in order to get in a chest puffing contest over what now?

Do you even know the details of the bids? Like who was paying for what? Was the city going to pay for some of the public buildings? Serious question because there isn’t a lot of details I can find and you sure seem hell bent on being “right”
I would assume public buildings like a library and things like this would be billed to the city
I’m not trying to be rude but it seems you think a group of investors are going to build a bunch of things with there own money and never get a return? Just hey Ottawa here’s a bunch of stuff we paid for enjoy...
Do you know how much of the area is currently being cleaned up? What it is being cleaned for and who is cleaning it?

Please stop.

You were rightfully called out on your post. Stop trying trying to twist things again.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Please stop.

You were rightfully called out on your post. Stop trying trying to twist things again.

Twist what? These guys were expected to clean the land themselve. There is many many news reports saying so.
There is zero reports on anything else. He saw a truck so i am wrong?
What is it I was called out on? Google lebrenton land cleanup

He has seen work being started on the Library I would imagine .
The cost of the land was to be adjusted based on cost of clean up. FACTS

Ottawacitizen

Refusing to pay for any of the cleanup of the property on the Ottawa River west of Parliament Hill is a big deal. The city has a “brownfields remediation” program under which it typically splits the cost of removing poisoned soil with a property owner looking to build something new on the site of, say, an old gas station.
John Ruddy, the head of Trinity Development Group and the Senators’ major partner in the LeBreton plans, has said the consortium expected to seek government money under general-purpose programs, like the one for brownfields.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The Lebreton deal fell apart because of Eugene Melnyk.

He never had any intention of funding his part of the deal and thought he could leverage the team into getting a free stadium.

He’s a snakeskin oil salesman and anyone who takes his word seriously is a moron.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You understand they approached EM and wanted him to flip the bill for most of the project yes? This is because Rudy can’t afford nor does he have the means to take on a project of this size.
Jokes on them because neither does check bouncing EM.. oops
One bullshitter tried to bluff the other bullshitter and in the end everyone had to show their crap cards

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You understand they approached EM and wanted him to flip the bill for most of the project yes? This is because Rudy can’t afford nor does he have the means to take on a project of this size.
Jokes on them because neither does check bouncing EM.. oops
One bull****ter tried to bluff the other bull****ter and in the end everyone had to show their crap cards

One of the two men has a lengthy and successful history as a land developer.

The other is Eugene Melnyk.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Capitalcurrent.ca
The soil beneath the surface of NCC-owned LeBreton Flats is the first issue the RendezVous LeBreton Group must tackle before it begins its planned redevelopment of what’s been called “Canada’s most famous vacant lot.”
The soil, exposed to generations of industrial contaminants throughout Ottawa history, must be remediated before any ground can be broken to construct the sprawling commercial and residential community proposed for the northwest corner of Centretown, including a planned new NHL stadium at the heart of the property south of the Canadian War Museum.
However, the remediation strategy “is yet to be defined at this point,” according to Mario Tremblay, the National Capital Commission’s spokesperson on the LeBreton Flats project.

CBC

Ottawa taxpayers could be on the hook for as much as $150 million to clean up the contaminated lands at LeBreton Flats through the city's own brownfield grant program.
According to Mayor Jim Watson, the LeBreton lands would be eligible under the city program, which will pay up to 50 per cent of soil remediation costs.
And with estimates for the soil decontamination ranging from $170 to $300 million, the municipal contribution to the clean-up efforts will certainly be in the tens of millions of dollars

As the Senators-backed RendezVous Group only found out this week that it ranked above Devcore Canderel DLS — the only other bidder to redevelop LeBreton — it has not yet formally approached the city about applying to the brownfield program, said Watson

You want 30 more stories?
WUUUUT!!!

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
One of the two men has a lengthy and successful history as a land developer.

The other is Eugene Melnyk.

Then why did he need to find uncle EM to invest 500 million before he could land the deal? Let’s get real there was zero reason to promise anyone the entire area, Rudy needed partners to put up one site next door. He tried to middle man his way into control of all the land.
EM is an jerkoff that tried to land a free arena and his partner is a jerkoff that tried to ride EM’s investment,

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Then why did he need to find uncle EM to invest 500 million before he could land the deal? Let’s get real there was zero reason to promise anyone the entire area, Rudy needed partners to put up one site next door. He tried to middle man his way into control of all the land.
EM is an ******* that tried to land a free arena and his partner is a ******* that tried to ride EM’s investment,

He needed the Sens.

He could have gone elsewhere for funding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad