OT: NCAA Tourney Pick'em

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I wish I could say I screamed in jubilation, but really I had already resigned myself to losing, so...meh.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i would argue that nc state - st louis was worse because it was predictable from the second we got that lead and they started fouling us with like 5 minutes left or whatever

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That was the most anti-NC State **** I've ever seen. It's incredible to be on the other side of something like that for once.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
I'm done. In all of the games that I've gotten wrong I haven't been wrong by more than 3 points.

Iowa state
Harvard
Wofford was winning for 3/4 of the game but lost by 3
Purdue
SMU
Georgetown finally won
Baylor.

Wtf is this witchcraft

At least my final four is intact Oklahoma Kentucky Wisconsin Duke

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Wtf is this witchcraft

Witchcraft is my virtual flipping coin correctly picking both GA State and UAB and also getting almost all the other games right. I think I counted 3 misses, meaning that bracket would be tied for #1 right now.

Of course, it was so ridiculous that I just had to re-do it. Now that I have, I missed them both. :help:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We must ignite this couch.

hi-res-152047723_crop_650x440_zps36e3dd70.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
How the **** did NC State win that game? Better yet how the **** did LSU go ice cold in the last 3 minutes?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If I counted correctly, only 4 of 19 people had NC State beating Villanova: Alex(?), myself, Dinz and Stephen Goalbert. Isn't unbridled optimism part of the NC State curriculum?

says the guy who picked UNC to win it all

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
If I counted correctly, only 4 of 19 people had NC State beating Villanova: Alex(?), myself, Dinz and Stephen Goalbert. Isn't unbridled optimism part of the NC State curriculum?

says the guy who picked UNC to win it all

I'm Alex. It wasn't so much optimism, but more about thinking it would be bad mojo to say they would lose that early. I figured they had a chance if Nova didn't hit their shots and well, they did and it happened. For me, everything past this point is a plus for State. Very happy with their play.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
There were several talking heads who thought NC St or LSU would beat Villanova in the second round, I figured Villanova would take that into account and use that as motivation but I guess they did not.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ I just think Villanova wasn't that good, and NC State has played some good games in a tough conference.

I'm Alex. It wasn't so much optimism, but more about thinking it would be bad mojo to say they would lose that early. I figured they had a chance if Nova didn't hit their shots and well, they did and it happened. For me, everything past this point is a plus for State. Very happy with their play.

I feel similar to UNC. Wisconsin (probably) isn't going to be an easy matchup for them. If they lose, at least they're a young team with no important seniors. I doubt anyone is going to jump either. 2016 is crucial though. Paige, Brice, Tokoto are all seniors. Justin Jackson has looked good lately, but I'm not sure where he fits moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad