Prospect Info: NCAA Tournament March 28-April 13, 2024

Jul 6, 2016
Can't believe we got Fowler in the 3rd round. I guess we took 3 goalies in 3rd/4th rounds so good chance we hit gold on one of em. lol
Hughes wanted to take Fowler early in the second round, but had to give that pick (#34 or 37 ???) to Colorado for Newhook. He was darn lucky to see him still available in the third round. 4 or 5 other goalies have been drafted before him in the 2nd.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still believe that Leonard should have been the pick.

I think with Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield and Roy - Dach - Leonard we would have two perfectly balanced lines, that compliment each player strength well. We could have come with this year draft with no pressure to draft a forward or a defenseman. I still believe in Reinbacher but Leonard is such a big game player, he would have become a fan favourite in no time.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
who cares? Seider wasn't a sexy pick either. If they didn't see a player with similar impact on the game they wouldn't have picked him.
It’s simply an opinion. I’m not angry about it just wish it had gone differently.

If you asked me right now would I trade Reinbacher for Michkov? I would in a heartbeat. I’d even throw another prospect in there to sweeten the pot. Michkov was a risk but I like taking risks. Especially when their ceiling is really high. But I’m not a GM and I’m an American so let’s be honest what the heck do I really know about hockey anyway lol.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It’s simply an opinion. I’m not angry about it just wish it had gone differently.

If you asked me right now would I trade Reinbacher for Michkov? I would in a heartbeat. I’d even throw another prospect in there to sweeten the pot. Michkov was a risk but I like taking risks. Especially when their ceiling is really high. But I’m not a GM and I’m an American so let’s be honest what the heck do I really know about hockey anyway lol.
Must be some reason why Hughes never took Michkov. Imagine it still stands

Reactions: NicRattlehead

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Harris versus Fowler for the final game.

Would be nice to see Fowler lead his team to a title as a rookie goalie.

As Billy Ryan said in the draft special: Fowler shows up every f***ing time and wins.

It's what I'm hoping for. Fowler coming in and winning the Richter award and the national title as a rookie would be f***ing sweet.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Tuch looked great yesterday. His skating looked faster and more powerful than I've seen and he plays a very pro-ready game. He crushed a guy with a hit and was physically involved all over the ice. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do in Laval next year. No way they don't sign him, he's one of our better forward prospects.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yep, but Reinbacher will look even better.
Remains to be seen. Let's hope he does. Just will never believe that he was the bpa at the time. Let's hope he becomes it later on.

Tuch looked great yesterday. His skating looked faster and more powerful than I've seen and he plays a very pro-ready game. He crushed a guy with a hit and was physically involved all over the ice. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do in Laval next year. No way they don't sign him, he's one of our better forward prospects.
I'm not a fan of the player. I don't think there's a lot of IQ there. BUT I'm a fan of the style. And I also understand that we don't have a lot of those. So you have no choice to sign him. Unless we're about to draft 10 of those in the next draft.

anyway, he should be signed. But you won,t see a whole lot of stats from him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not a fan of the player. I don't think there's a lot of IQ there. BUT I'm a fan of the style. And I also understand that we don't have a lot of those. So you have no choice to sign him. Unless we're about to draft 10 of those in the next draft.

anyway, he should be signed. But you won,t see a whole lot of stats from him.

I see you're working the ol' WS Reverse Curse here.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
HN with another joke of a story. Michkov was not rated anywhere near 2 on draft day.

But not because of his talent level.

Transform him into a good old Canadian kid playing in the CHL and he is at the very least a strong consideration for 2.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I see you're working the ol' WS Reverse Curse here.
I have to really believe it to see it works...and honestly...I really believe it! So stay tuned for 40-goal seasons!

Watching that BC team last night I became slightly bummed every time I saw Ryan Leonard. Damn this one could sting down the road
This is just EXACTLY the player we want to bring on our team. A committed player. Skills, skates, and the guy goes where the action is. He could be complementary if need be. He could be orchestrating needs if needs be.

Frankly, I really don't understand on a BPA point of view. The only way it does make sense is on a need standpoint but I keep reading how it wasn't that despite all the statements made the GM HIMSELF....lol. For once, it's not even my sole and only opinion...lol

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
Harris versus Fowler for the final game.

Would be nice to see Fowler lead his team to a title as a rookie goalie.

As Billy Ryan said in the draft special: Fowler shows up every f***ing time and wins.
Did that guy ever get his steak dinner? Does anyone know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad