OT: NCAA Thread v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Random thought, but I wonder if Prime Time is ready to take over FSU as early as next year.

I thought the Mac Brown & Herm Edwards would be disasters so who really knows for sure. But I can’t see that working out well.

They gotta lot of money tied up between Taggart & Norvell though. So it’s not realistically happening this year.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Villanova with the back door cover against Penn State’s reserves. Hit the over as well.
I never understood betting on a game like that. It just seems like to much of a crapshoot.

It would be a monumental upset for Nova to win but they are a good 1AA team. How good, who knows but very few of the people betting will have watched any Nova games to gauge. Add in the fact PSU is coming off a physical win versus a good Auburn team and you're not quite sure what you will get with them.

Feels like a red/black bet on a roulette wheel.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I never understood betting on a game like that. It just seems like to much of a crapshoot.

It would be a monumental upset for Nova to win but they are a good 1AA team. How good, who knows but very few of the people betting will have watched any Nova games to gauge. Add in the fact PSU is coming off a physical win versus a good Auburn team and you're not quite sure what you will get with them.

Feels like a red/black bet on a roulette wheel.

I mean Penn State had game control the entire time. They couldn’t run the ball which is concerning otherwise it probably would have put away earlier. Defensively they didn’t give Villanova anything while the starters were in. But Villanova scored two TD’s in garbage time to hit the spread which was like -29 or whatever (38-17 final score). They had their starters in still against Penn State’s like a mix of 2nd, 3rd, & 4th stringers.

Reactions: Asnito

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mertz is god awful.
I think he had offers from the bigger schools but chose Wisconsin because they weren't one of those teams and wanted the challenge of getting them there.

Maybe he can do it when he transfers to Kansas or something.

Reactions: renberg

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Georgia game isn't even fun. There was an RPO in the 1st Quarter where Daniels threw to the Right Flat. They could have called the Georgia C, LG, and LT all for being too far downfield despite still being engaged with their initial blocks. There's no point to any of it.

It's the 4th Quarter and Georgia still has more Points than Vandy has Yards from scrimmage.
Had to DVR it. After the 1st quarter, I just watched 3X speed and stopped at anything remotely entertaining.

Wonder if Vandy would take Mason back now, huh?

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I mean Penn State had game control the entire time. They couldn’t run the ball which is concerning otherwise it probably would have put away earlier. Defensively they didn’t give Villanova anything while the starters were in. But Villanova scored two TD’s in garbage time to hit the spread which was like -29 or whatever (38-17 final score). They had their starters in still against Penn State’s like a mix of 2nd, 3rd, & 4th stringers.
I was looking at it from just a purely betting perspective. PSU was always going to win but coming off an emotional win and going against a 1AA oppo who is an unknown seemed like to many variables from a betting perspective if that makes sense. Gotta hand it to the bookies though as the line was close.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad