Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
9845981.jpg

tenor.gif

He’ll still be an upgrade over last year no matter how questionable his facial hair choices are.

I wonder if his mom is hot.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Others may think differently but to me this vote is a big deal. It boils down to who makes the decisions at the universities that run the institutions. Next will it be specific departments such as the med schools, the law schools, etc. indicating that they want more autonomy regarding policies controlling faculty activities and overriding administrative decisions? If the universities and their administrators are not able to run their schools, they might as well close up shop.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You obviously have Iowa, Nebraska, & Ohio State from the previous vote(s) but apparently others like Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. may have changed their stances since then if the rumors are true.

They need 60% of the votes to be yes to go ahead.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Others may think differently but to me this vote is a big deal. It boils down to who makes the decisions at the universities that run the institutions. Next will it be specific departments such as the med schools, the law schools, etc. indicating that they want more autonomy regarding policies controlling faculty activities and overriding administrative decisions? If the universities and their administrators are not able to run their schools, they might as well close up shop.

From what I've heard, it sounds like it is more about the presidents coming around and changing their minds than the coaches/ADs assuming control. There has been talk that the kids on the football teams are safer in their "bubble" than they would be out in gen pop. No idea if that is reality, but it sounds like that is the case that has been made.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From what I've heard, it sounds like it is more about the presidents coming around and changing their minds than the coaches/ADs assuming control. There has been talk that the kids on the football teams are safer in their "bubble" than they would be out in gen pop. No idea if that is reality, but it sounds like that is the case that has been made.

Yeah it’s the Presidents & such of the schools. Not really anybody related with the athletic departments as they seemingly all want to play.

They’re likely feeling pressure at this point from the outside & business wise this is a death sentence if the other leagues especially the SEC go through with a fall season.

I think they initially felt they’d be a domino effect with the first to cancel but that obviously never happened. I think the next step was “well let’s wait until the we get around the start up & they’ll likely back out by then”. That obviously hasn’t happened & doesn’t appear to be. So you’re now seeing them pivot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
When it comes to the PAC-12 is it really opting out if you have zero hope of playing before January?

At least the other conferences are considering it.

Yeah it is odd how there’s zero noise out there about starting up before then. Like I have no idea what’s going to happen with the Big Ten but at least the coaches, players, fans, etc. are banging on the table to play somewhat on time.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
One Service Academy did the stomping Saturday. Today Navy is getting stomped.

Oklahoma State-Tulsa moved back a week.

This is usually my favorite weekend of the year. Games Thursday-Monday. Hard to get into the games thus far. Hopefully it picks up with the P5 matchups. Btw, is the Miami game on Thursday really going to be on just ACC Network? Cmon man.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Penn State fans... are we gonna talk about this dumpster fire recruiting class that Franklin is putting together? How does a kid from Litiz, PA decide to go anywhere but PSU?

Legacy too. Seems like he wanted to play with his brother at Wisconsin.

I don’t know though. The analysts on 247 are just generally stunned with how this class has gone as it’s been hit after hit this cycle. The only good thing at this point is it is & always was an expected small class & hopefully if visits open up again it’s a big flip season in general.

I understood the drop off from 2018-2019 with a 9-4 season & having to get the narrative of just being a product of Moorhead, Barkley, McSorley, etc. off the table but they did that with a 11-2 season last year. Perhaps Franklin basically bidding through the media every offseason doesn’t help. I don’t know.

Their 2022 class is off to a hot start which makes even more puzzling. They grabbed a 4* DE inner city Philly kid (which despite being PA isn’t as easy for them as most of them want to go SEC/south), a 4* OH WR, 4* WI TE, & 4* GA TE.

————

I wasn’t particularly crazy about last years class but they at least took a lot of lottery tickets there & the reports out camp have been good on a lot of those guys beyond the obvious top names (Jacobs, Lambert, Johnson, etc.) so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyershockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad