NCAA thread v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Clemson now with two decommits this cycle after years of not having any.

I guess beyond COVID it’s being surmised that Dabo’s getting hit hard on the recruiting trail with his recent poor comments in regards to protests & a coach of his calling a kid a racial slur.

That’s that guys fault. He served that one up on a tee for opposing coaches & he’d be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
'Running out of time': Push grows to delay college football season to spring

Its just a matter of time until one of the Power Five conferences breaks and it will be football in the spring at the earliest. I can see the PAC12 going first. The four California schools look to be in the most jeopardy with playing but the States of Arizona, Oregon and Washington are seeing spikes. If the PAC 12 closed up shop, it wouldn't surprise me to see the BIG Ten close it down a day or so later. Maybe the other conferences would give it a try but what for if so many other schools close up.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@JojoTheWhale

Oregon/ASU '19 is coming up next on ESPNU if you wanna watch Lenoir get burned again by Aiyuk.

I personally don't but hey if you're into that kinda thing I don't judge.

Also my girl, Sabrina Ionescu didn't do too hot in her WNBA debut today. 4/17 from the field and 0-8 from 3. Sheesh.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I fully expect Parsons to opt out for Penn State. Freiermuth could have left last year if he really wanted to so not really sure there. Brown could probably opt out but could have left last year too. Oweh probably needs more tape. Same with the rest of the roster.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I fully expect Parsons to opt out for Penn State. Freiermuth could have left last year if he really wanted to so not really sure there. Brown could probably opt out but could have left last year too. Oweh probably needs more tape. Same with the rest of the roster.
I'm not sure you see a lot of opting out. Most guys think they can still help their draft stock with a 3rd and 4th year. Plus, despite what anyone says, there are still NFL teams that will blacklist players for opting out. Questions on commitment, heart, etc. will run rampant.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Meh, I still would have preferred Notre Dame to have to sit at home all year after being cowards for years.

And I really dislike Clemson.

It was never going to realistically happen though. They ultimately bring money to the table that’s why they get concessions made for them.

I do think they’re going to join a conference sooner than later though. Probably the ACC.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not sure you see a lot of opting out. Most guys think they can still help their draft stock with a 3rd and 4th year. Plus, despite what anyone says, there are still NFL teams that will blacklist players for opting out. Questions on commitment, heart, etc. will run rampant.

Yeah I think the 1% will ultimately do it if they do (the Lawerence’s, Fields’, Parsons’, Sewell’s, etc. of the world).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah I think the 1% will ultimately do it if they do (the Lawerence’s, Fields’, Parsons’, Sewell’s, etc. of the world).
Oh yeah, certainly. I'm kind of glad that Georgia doesn't have any preseason sure-fire first round guys. All of their NFL bound talent still needs another year of film to elevate their standing.

Off topic, but does anyone know what happens if the season is cancelled and the impact it makes on recruiting and scholarship limits? Or has the NCAA not even addressed that yet?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh yeah, certainly. I'm kind of glad that Georgia doesn't have any preseason sure-fire first round guys. All of their NFL bound talent still needs another year of film to elevate their standing.

Off topic, but does anyone know what happens if the season is cancelled and the impact it makes on recruiting and scholarship limits? Or has the NCAA not even addressed that yet?

They haven’t addressed anything to this point. I think it’s on the back burner for now until the time comes & other stuff gets sorted out.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I think we're probably looking at a spring season. The only teams that could pull it off would be the power 5 and even some of them would struggle.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad