NCAA Nick Sorkin: Try-Out with the Dogs

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Judging by what is available.. He has a good height, looks to have added some weight, likes to get close to the net and finds loose pucks. Definitely good speed for his height, appears to show some defensive acumen in being able to strip defenders of pucks and has a quick release.

Definitely no reason to not see what he has.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Quite bizarre that he didnt receive more attention with his stats this season. Interesting to note he only had 14 pims this season. Does this suggest he uses his size cleanly and intelligently or does it mean he's another Benoit Pouliot?

I'd love another Benoit Pouliot, skilled 3rd liner with size/skill decent defensively, 35ish point/season and cheap.

dreamingofdrouin*

MB loves his big undrafted wingers. This is great news.

Rather than sign a guy like Clarkson for $40 million, MB wants to find the next Clarkson and get him on an ELC.

:laugh:....o toronto...u unbelieveably Pejorative Slured dumbasses

dreamingofdrouin*

Number 21 is our guy...he looks solid defensively and seems like he like he likes causing havoc infront of the net...speedy too.

poytri

Dec 24, 2013
Mtl
He's probably a product of McDavid, like Roussin with Crosby.

McDavid definitly helped inflated those numbers, although Fox was producing before Connor got around. With his decent size, I wouldn't had mind Bergevin giving him a chance.

Halifaxhab*

Definately worth a look. If Nevins got a contract, why not Sorkin. He looks a liitle like Pacioretty with his skating too,decent hands and effort. If he turns into a 3rd liner, he'd be a great pickup.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Sorkin practised with the Bulldogs today. Hopefully he plays tonight. I like what I've seen of him. Great passer, very good down low and around the net. Should be interesting to follow.

He's probably a product of McDavid, like Roussin with Crosby.

McDavid definitly helped inflated those numbers, although Fox was producing before Connor got around. With his decent size, I wouldn't had mind Bergevin giving him a chance.

You could definitely say that Fox is a product of Connor. Connor Brown, that is. Fox and Brown aren't centred by McDavid. McDavid has pretty much played the entire season on the second line with Burakovsky. Apart from the powerplay, Brown, Fox, and McDavid rarely step on the ice together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad