NCAA Nick Sorkin: Try-Out with the Dogs

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Decent size and got some skill. The size is the big thing.

22yrs old at 6'3.

I know it's with the dogs but the extra youth and body is good for the organization.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He does have good numbers 2 of the last 3 years. Anybody saw him play? Does he use his body? How's his skating?

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Quite bizarre that he didnt receive more attention with his stats this season. Interesting to note he only had 14 pims this season. Does this suggest he uses his size cleanly and intelligently or does it mean he's another Benoit Pouliot?

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Good find Rick16. If those scouting reports are accurate, it'll be a great move if they sign him. Seems like a Red Wings type of prospect to be honest: skilled, good frame, but raw physically.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Wow thats great news I was actually looking at his stats while looking at NCAA UFAS. Big guy that has some skills wish I seen him play to give a report

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
MB loves his big undrafted wingers. This is great news.

Rather than sign a guy like Clarkson for $40 million, MB wants to find the next Clarkson and get him on an ELC.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't want to be pessimistic, but the fact that Sorkin accepted a PTO and didn't require an ELC says a lot about his profile.

Could be that the Habs wanted a closer look before bulging an Entry-Level Contract and he really felt he had a chance to succeed here, but I think if he had an ELC on the table, he would have accepted it.

I'll take the wait and see approach, but at this point in time, I'm not expecting much.

I hope I'll be wrong though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad