Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Reactions: duffy and sarge88

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hoping for Drew O'Connor and Nick Wolff. Both attended B's camp, and were among the best players on the ice. O'Connor was like Coyle with his combination of hands and size/strength. Divver didn't mention Wolff but he's a throwback type, 6'5 and nasty.
I like it

Reactions: PlayMakers

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Some good games on this past week in the Hockey East, the gold standard of hockey conferences. UMass Amherst and UMass Lowell put on a hell of a game that has some serious implications for the Frozen Four tournament with the Minutemen squeezing on by the River Hawks 4 to 3. Meanwhile, Connecticut put an absolute beating on BU at Agganis Arena winning 6 to 1 over the Terriers.

Additionally, looking at some of the players across the entirety of Division 1, there are some nice prospects that would be cool to see the Bruins try to pick up either through signing to pro deals or trying to get in the upcoming draft in the later rounds. Junior forward Johnny Walker from Arizona State come to mind as he is 6'1", has a nose for goal, and a right shot winger that has netted 20 goals in consecutive seasons for the Sun Devils who could be a nice player to sign up after they year is done and give a chance to since no team holds rights to him. Another player who looks like there is some potential is Connecticut freshman Yan Kuznetsov. The kid is 17 and is already 6'3" and is eligible to get drafted in this upcoming draft. I know the Bruins are tight on picks, but he looks like a nice stash and develop piece that will be available in the late round who the Bruins can keep a close eye on in Storrs, fill any void left behind in the prospect pool should the Bruins offload another defense prospect at the deadline and could become a moose of a defenseman that the Bruins kind of need on the blue line when Chara retires. Also, Junior center Alex Limoges from Penn State would be a great player for the Bruins to try and sign out of college. Like Walker, Limoges went undrafted so his rights are up for grabs and the kid is a decent sized Center prospect that has the ability to get points. Last year Limoges got 50 points in the Big Ten in 39 games, was a plus 23, and as a bonus the kid has decent size at 6'1" and weighing 201 lbs. Couldn't hurt for Sweeney and company to take a flyer on Limoges.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Can someone tell me why Hockey East is referred to as a “league” now? Or at least is on that Nesn commercial.

It’s a conference within a league to me. You play teams outside your conference, not league...

It just strikes me every time that ad comes on. Like...I’ve never once thought of Hockey East as a league.

I wouldn’t be shocked if no one else noticed or cared...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Can someone tell me why Hockey East is referred to as a “league” now? Or at least is on that Nesn commercial.

It’s a conference within a league to me. You play teams outside your conference, not league...

It just strikes me every time that ad comes on. Like...I’ve never once thought of Hockey East as a league.

I wouldn’t be shocked if no one else noticed or cared...
Never noticed the NESN commercial. But it doesn't bother me whether it's called League or Conference. They're all under the auspices of the NCAA anyway.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Geez Minnesota was loaded.

Brooks recruited with the exception of Christian and
Pavelich the top Minnesota NHL level talent.
Broten, Christoff, Ramsey, Verchota
and Baker were top recruits from HS on that
1979 UMinnesots team.

Minn HS produced more elite forwards from that
era than Mass, but Mass produced a bit better D
men, but Langway and Dunn either left college early
or went the Jr. route so weren't on the 1980 US Olympic Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad