NCAA Basketball - Tournament Time

Sep 19, 2008
Not really any team that stands out right now other than Villanova. Duke was #1 but lost and now Kentucky is probably going to lose.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Are you guys just sick that nobody can beat UConn's women's team? 80-straight and all by double digits. :facepalm: It's just embarrassing how sickening women's college basketball is when one team is overpowering and nothing can stop them. Please, we need another team that can at least give them a fighting chance. The 60-point blowout to Mississippi State was just unreasonable. And the 4-straight national championships are just :facepalm: At least North Dakota State lost a few time during their 5-peat in FCS football. Something has to give.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
To be honest I haven't payed any attention to women's basketball since, 2010 maybe?

I know in that time, Texas A&M and Baylor won championships, and I know South Carolina has become a powerhouse, someone I know who is a Gamecock fan mentioned once that the women's team could beat the men. I seem to recall Notre Dame is also very good.

I did not realize UConn was winner of the last 4 titles.

Sep 19, 2008
It doesn't matter. It's UConn by a mile over anyone else, but it's Alabama by a mile over everyone else in college football too.

An ESPN or media pundit (think it was Shaugnessey) actually complained about it and it stirred some controversy. There's no parity in the women's game and we've know that for years.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
New AP poll

1 Villanova (57)
2 UCLA (2)
3 Kansas
4 Baylor
5 Duke
6 Kentucky
7 North Carolina
8 Gonzaga
9 Indiana
10 Creighton
11 Louisville
12 Saint Mary's
13 Xavier
14 Virginia
15 West Virginia
16 Butler
17 Wisconsin
18 Purdue
19 South Carolina
20 Arizona
21 Florida
22 Cincinnati
23 Notre Dame
24 Oregon
25 Iowa State

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
UCLA could do some major damage this season. Their weakness though is a lack of depth as they really only have 6 guys who do much. After Ball, Welsh, Holliday, Hamilton, Leaf, and Alford they don't have much to speak of. If those 6 guys can remain healthy and keep playing the way they have though, I suppose anything is possible.

I think the x-factor for them could be how freshman Ike Anigbogu progresses. If he can become an impact big man off the bench to spell for Welsh/Leaf, they'd be in great shape.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Rankings are all marketing.

You're more likely to keep on #15 vs. unranked this time of year because of the perception that one of the team's has significance to them.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeesh. Purdue clobbering Arizona State at the Jimmy V Classic. Didn't realize Bobby Hurley was coaching the Sun Devils, hows that working out? (not being a smartass, just curious)

Looking forward to Duke/Florida. First meeting between those two since the 2000 NCAA Sweet 16.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeesh. Purdue clobbering Arizona State at the Jimmy V Classic. Didn't realize Bobby Hurley was coaching the Sun Devils, hows that working out? (not being a smartass, just curious)

Looking forward to Duke/Florida. First meeting between those two since the 2000 NCAA Sweet 16.

They sucked last year, and they're probably going to be bad again this year. They have a really tough non-conference schedule, but they had a really good recruiting class.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
UConn's women's beating Notre Dame right now. Notre Dame is the #1, UConn is #2. You can see why I can't stand UConn women's? They play all the good teams and beat them. They have no competition in the American. There's nobody that really stands a chance right now. And really, who will come up and actually beat the might Lady Huskies? Will they ever lose again? I can't stand to watch women's basketball if UConn can't lose again.,

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
UConn's women's beating Notre Dame right now. Notre Dame is the #1, UConn is #2. You can see why I can't stand UConn women's? They play all the good teams and beat them. They have no competition in the American. There's nobody that really stands a chance right now. And really, who will come up and actually beat the might Lady Huskies? Will they ever lose again? I can't stand to watch women's basketball if UConn can't lose again.,

UConn passed them in the rankings.

Yeah, women's basketball sucks because of the lack of parity. I mean, I wouldn't watch anyway, but still...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad