News Article: NCAA 2014 UFA Class

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
NCAA free agents pretty much always turn out for the good too.

They do?

Here are the top free agent signings from last year:

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2013/03/20/nhl-college-free-agent-tracker-updated-march-20/

Only DeKeyser is a regular in the NHL.

Also found this article, and it highlights the ones who did make the NHL (ignoring the dozens who didn't), and it's not exactly a murderers row of free talent.

http://eyeonthesens.com/2012/08/10/free-agent-college-signings-in-the-post-lockout-nhl/

Signing NCAA prospects is a nice swing in the dark, and on a very rare occasion it works out well, but generally you're just signing AHL depth.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We should sign a few, hamilton needs depth on d and F. Especially D now that Beaulieu and tinordi may not comeback next year and pateryn too.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We should sign a few, hamilton needs depth on d and F. Especially D now that Beaulieu and tinordi may not comeback next year and pateryn too.

There are only so many contracts you can sign, limit is 50. Plus you want quality AHL vets in Hamilton to lead the way(has been an issue the last 2 years). Vail Bennett Thrower will also require contracts.

On defense, Dietz Ellis and Thrower should be getting ice time.

Mad Habber

Jul 5, 2006
We do have a few expiring contracts at the minor league level also. St.Pierre, Blunden, Tanarski, Dubnyk are all UFAs. Leblanc is a RFA but I won't be surprised to see him go. Same goes for Delmas, Nattinen and Czarnik.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We do have a few expiring contracts at the minor league level also. St.Pierre, Blunden, Tanarski, Dubnyk are all UFAs. Leblanc is a RFA but I won't be surprised to see him go. Same goes for Delmas, Nattinen and Czarnik.

Those guys may not be back, but they should be replaced by quality AHL vets.

If LeBlanc goes it would likely be for another player in a similar situation.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I recall we were in on Danis, but Trotter was a surprise.

Sidenote: did Trotter retire?

True. I had forgotten about Danis. For Trotter, just read that it's an injury that forced him to stop playing. Not sure if it's definitive though.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The only rumor is that Flyers or Bruins might be landing what is supposed to be THE best FA prospect in Swedish d-man Christian Folin.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
D-man Trevor Van Riemsdyk going to Hawks.....here's a guy I forgot. Rich getting richer.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So here's one pleasant rumor that will probably not happen....but it seems that we are in the Christian Folin signing, one of the most interesting NCAA signing. Seems that McKenzie said it, but I didn't find anything on Twitter. Do seem though that he'll end up a Flyers.

Folin is a big 6'3'' 210lbs RIGHT-HANDED d-man, who is not really physical, mostly offensively oriented, very good skater. Already 23 years old.

https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke/status/448568875051778048

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What am I missing here? Do we actually have another insider on board??? Nick Sorkin just got a try with the Dogs....:yo: Posted the news on the board....seems that the news was out there since yesterday. We just have slow journalists around here....

Last edited:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
The players who interest me the most are:

Daniel O'donoghue
Oleg Yevenko
Christian Folin

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
With your name, not surprising. Smallest guy is 6'3 :laugh:

Well , I guess you're happy with Nick Sorkin.

Ya good for the Dogs don't know if he will ever make the big club but if he does probably a 4th line kind of guy with speed.

I like his drive to the net too. Goes there most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad