NBA NBA Regular Season Thread

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The Kings are going nowhere as it is. Neither Fox nor Haliburton are franchise guys and the Kings haven't made the playoffs in 15 seasons. I would certainly take a chance at trading Haliburton for Simmons to play alongside Fox. Simmons won't have to be the primary ball-handler on offense, which might be a good thing for him. Worst comes to worst, the Kings can help Simmons rehabilitate his image for one season and then trade him next offseason for a massive haul of picks/young players to jump-start their next rebuild.

It would be the best thing in the world for him, imo. It would force him to actually grow his game and do things that he's not comfortable doing.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I have to wonder where the Warriors would’ve been headed to after their 73-9 season if KD didn’t sign with them.
probably still make the finals in 17 but lose assuming the cavs were at full strength

lose to the rockets in the WCF the next season

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Westbrook -23

this guy had 3 straight possessions of absolute trash with so much time left in the shot clock and no passes.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i expect this Lakers team to hover around. 500 for a while and get into the playoffs as a 4 or 5 seed

unless westbrick keeps playing like he did tonight. then it's probably play-in game again

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
probably still make the finals in 17 but lose assuming the cavs were at full strength

lose to the rockets in the WCF the next season

I think they were in for a steep decline. It was obvious that Harrison Barnes as their starting SF wasn’t gonna be an option for a long-term success. Other teams were starting to catch up. But we will never know what the Warriors would’ve done to stay dominant. They probably would’ve tried to sign LeBron or trade for Kawhi.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
tough debut for my favorite player westbrook but will get better this season with time.. Curry looked awesome.. raptors season debut tonight woo :D

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bruh imagine being that bad just to win the lottery for Ben f***ing Simmons and this mess years later. Philly isn't a truly cursed sports city because most folks there are alive long enough to remember SOME kind of championship but crap like this is what sustains curses in other places.

I have absolutely no love for their teams but no one deserves this

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bruh imagine being that bad just to win the lottery for Ben f***ing Simmons and this mess years later. Philly isn't a truly cursed sports city because most folks there are alive long enough to remember SOME kind of championship but crap like this is what sustains curses in other places.

Don’t boo Santa?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

To be honest, I'm starting to think a lot of their sports fans sold their teams soul for that Eagles Super Bowl win.

-Phillies no playoffs since 2011
-Flyers still okay one year (but no deep playoff run) and horribad the next
-76ers supposed to be the next dynasty but can't even get past round 2

And of course the Eagles lost much of their roster from that team, Wentz became awful and is now in Indianapolis, and Pedersen is gone.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Kings can probably get Simmons for Haliburton, Hield, Bagley and a heavily protected pick. Bagley is already out of the rotation, Hield is a role player. Simmons IS an all-star and Haliburton MIGHT be one day. And if the pick is protected who cares about it. You're the Kings and you haven't been in the playoffs in years why not take the shot? If it fails you're just right back to where you've been. And could probably recoup similar assets in a trade of Simmons somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
To be honest, I'm starting to think a lot of their sports fans sold their teams soul for that Eagles Super Bowl win.

-Phillies no playoffs since 2011
-Flyers still okay one year (but no deep playoff run) and horribad the next
-76ers supposed to be the next dynasty but can't even get past round 2

And of course the Eagles lost much of their roster from that team, Wentz became awful and is now in Indianapolis, and Pedersen is gone.

I've heard crazier theories than that. Doesn't feel less likely than anything else. The Phillies can't get over the hump either

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Kings can probably get Simmons for Haliburton, Hield, Bagley and a heavily protected pick. Bagley is already out of the rotation, Hield is a role player. Simmons IS an all-star and Haliburton MIGHT be one day. And if the pick is protected who cares about it. You're the Kings and you haven't been in the playoffs in years why not take the shot? If it fails you're just right back to where you've been. And could probably recoup similar ass in a trade of Simmons somewhere else.

For a team like the Kings I don't see him being worth the headache. I know they're stuck in the muck but if changing their fortunes hinges on trading for a guy terrified of going to the stripe then the Kings are better off developing their own talent and hoping it pans out better.

I know I'm spitting into the wind but for Philly trade him to OKC for any package of their 59 bajillion draft picks. OKC gets a reclamation project for nothing and Philly gets draft capital to either trade or draft with because OKC's picks are likely to wind up being really decent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad