OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
No surprise the Knicks lost. The ending of the game sucked but the Knicks kept it competitive in the 1st, 3rd and first half of the 4th.

Hope Kristaps is alright.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
It's ironic to me that the NBA off the court is basically a fashion show yet the new jerseys appear to be very ugly t shirts.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Kristaps is good.

Two very frustrating losses back to back. Could've beaten the Cavs and the Bucks. Melo looks really off right now...he basically took the 4th quarter of the Bucks game off.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
4-4 with a tough schedule, not like they have gotten the pleasure to beat up on the Sixers and Nets yet, good start, lets get tomorrow in Charlotte.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
knicks were robbed of .2 of a second that should have been on the clock before the inbound. zingers 3 wudda counted with that time.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
v7MhePI.png

Knicks were robbed. I guess it counterbalances Melo getting away with stepping out of bounds and not getting called last game.

Woulda been awesome to win on a Kristaps buzzer beater, tho.

BarbaraAlphanse

It stunk. But all part of the process. They're trying to establish a culture change for the Knicks. Pro's pros. Pidto, Hahn, and Szerbiak constantly remind the audience. This group of guys has some talent, but it isn't going to be enough to be championship contenders.

That's fine. They need stars to contend. They have Melo. They're hoping Kristaps becomes one himself. And boy oh boy does future look bright. And the only way he'll realize that potential is with the right collective group of guys. Which is what the Knicks have now provided.

I believe that they'll be a .500 team this year and sneak in as the 7 or 8 seed in a weak Eastern conference. Grant and 'Zingus continue to grow. I think Calderon will be traded for a late first at the draft. Knicks will squeeze another star onto the team and be contenders next year.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
"His fingers are too long."

BTW earlier in the 4th (I think) melo was given a 3 even though his foot was on the line. Couldn't be reviewed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It stunk. But all part of the process. They're trying to establish a culture change for the Knicks. Pro's pros. Pidto, Hahn, and Szerbiak constantly remind the audience. This group of guys has some talent, but it isn't going to be enough to be championship contenders.

That's fine. They need stars to contend. They have Melo. They're hoping Kristaps becomes one himself. And boy oh boy does future look bright. And the only way he'll realize that potential is with the right collective group of guys. Which is what the Knicks have now provided.

I believe that they'll be a .500 team this year and sneak in as the 7 or 8 seed in a weak Eastern conference. Grant and 'Zingus continue to grow. I think Calderon will be traded for a late first at the draft. Knicks will squeeze another star onto the team and be contenders next year.

Next year? I don't see it. IMO Knicks are 3 years away from being a contender.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
That was some nice play for Melo with the score tied and 26 or so seconds left. Yep, hitting the side of the backboard must have been Fisher's plan.

BarbaraAlphanse

Next year? I don't see it. IMO Knicks are 3 years away from being a contender.

You can't see the Knicks being 'ship contenders if they got another bonafide star while keeping this group of guys in tact?

Let's say Dwight Howard terminated his contract, which he is eligable to do at year's end, and then comes to the Knicks (hypothetically). Also, I haven't really investigated how Dwight would fit into the triangle, so he might not necessarily be the best fit, but bear with me and let's say he fits perfectly for argument purposes.

Grant and Zingus grow another year. Calderon is shipped out for a late 1st to make another max FA possible. The Knicks line up becomes:

PG - Grant
SG - Afflalo
SF - Melo
PF - Zingus
C - Howard

6 - Lopez
7 - Galloway
8 - Williams
9 - OQuinn

That's championship worthy, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad