OT: NBA & Basketball - 2023-24 Season

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Excellent second half, going to need a bench piece before the deadline so these guys don’t die by the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I have no clue what the upside of this trade is.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 7.56.48 AM.png

An incredibly better fit with the starting lineup than RJ. Unfortunately at the cost of a homegrown stud whose floor is a perennial 6MOTY and who's about to get every chance to prove he's a legit starter in Toronto.

At least I was able to scoop Quick from waivers in my fantasy basketball league to soften the blow of whatever he ends up doing the rest of this year.

Leon and Co. aren't done yet and the roster and trade assets are now fully primed for a finishing piece to be expected to have them competing a 'chip.

Personally, I'm not sad to see the RJ era end in NY.

And I think the importance of sending all these guys - Obi, RJ, IQ - to situations where they're going to be given every opportunity to succeed shouldn't be discounted. It was inevitable this roster was going to get shaken up and now that it's happening, you have to expect significantly less bad-mouthing of the Knicks organizations from exiled players than we've dealt with in the past. We didn't just dump these guys to the worst franchises in the league just to maximize their value.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
McBride and Grimes have really stepped up. That's the internal scouting you do. Everyone was saying where are they going to get bench scoring. These two are chipping in 15-20 a night. Hart is up too.

Sims hasn't looked out of place either. Would try and get him a similar deal to McBride.

Small deal this deadline, go and get another PG type for the bench.

Reactions: ponzu4u

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This Knicks team reminds me of those early 70's Knicks team-Defense first,unselfish,deep,team basketball.

• Love
Reactions: majordomo

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They just need to make sure they get everyone healthy and add one more bench piece. I'm sure they're already working on it, but locking up OG is a must too. Thibs must be shaking with excitement at the thought of having OG and Robinson on the floor at the same time. The defensive rating is going to be off the charts

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
What a gutty win.This team never ceases to amaze me.Hartenstein and Achiuwa owned the paint and boards..Brunson doing Brunson things.Just wait until we get Robinson and Randle back

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad