Value of: Nazem Kadri

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Id love Kadri back on the leafs. Unfortunately it only works of Tavares waives his NMC and the flames would take Tavares for 1 year

Cowan + Tavares for Kadri if both of them were willing to go
Lmfao what? Is this backwards land?

What a stupid take.

Tavares > Kadri

There's absolutley no possible way leafs add to this. JT's contract is up after next year, where he will most likely sign for dirt cheap and anchor the 2nd line LW position.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Id love Kadri back on the leafs. Unfortunately it only works of Tavares waives his NMC and the flames would take Tavares for 1 year

This is legitimate insanity.

They're both 33, and while obviously Kadri is significantly cheaper, I'd rather eat Tavares's contract for one more season than add the additional four years of Kadri's contract from ages 35 to 38.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The flames should try and trade him given the great season he’s having. He still has 5 more years after this year at 7 million per year but he would be a massive edition for a team that could use a high end 2C. He’s definitely a step up from any of the Cs on expiring deals that are available.

Hi, Buffalo here. Yes, we’re interested. I am, at least, rest of Buffalo fans will probably roast me, but..

Kadri (25% retained) + Andersson

For

Cozens, a 1st, and Kozak.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hi, Buffalo here. Yes, we’re interested. I am, at least, rest of Buffalo fans will probably roast me, but..

Kadri (25% retained) + Andersson

For

Cozens, a 1st, and Kozak.
I'd do Kadri for Krebs straight up. Andersson is a tough ask, even giving up Cozens in the deal. He's contract is just so sweet and we only have 2 top 4 D signed for next season. Only 3 D total.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That’s terrible, no thanks.
Based on what? Kadri would be leading your team in points and would be the best defensive forward on your team. Yes, he's older, but we're asking for a young guy with 3 goals this season back. Not sure how it can be "terrible." Maybe you feel he's too old for your core, but I'd argue the Sabres need some starch in their lineup. They've been in a 13 year rebuild.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The problem isn't that he's not valuable this year. It's that his value will be dropping in the same time frame as the picks and prospects we have will be growing their game. His value is all in the next 3 years where he's a really good 2C. His last 2 years he'll be a 3C. Then there's no value in his deal. If I was a GM of a team with a 3 year window I'd have interest if he filled a hole for me. Not at a big price, but if they took back some bad money I had I'd move a late 1st or equivalent prospect. If they didn't take back bad money I'd offer a 4th round pick.
You read my mind. You’re welcome to the Avs’ 1st; enjoy your new Ryan Johansen. Or don’t. Maybe he’d prefer the AHL.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You read my mind. You’re welcome to the Avs’ 1st; enjoy your new Ryan Johansen. Or don’t. Maybe he’d prefer the AHL.
Avs kind of make sense. Bruins make sense. Tampa would. Any of those teams with a core that isn't done yet, but have a limited window. Avs 1st and Johansen makes a lot of sense. I hate Johansen as a player, but he could play 4th line and take key faceoffs. Faceoffs are about all he's good for now. Maybe the odd fight.

Even if Calgary is finally forced into a rebuild vs a retool they will need some veterans to lead the way. No point trading him as the cap hit and term remaining kill his actual trade value.

I don’t want to see him back in Colorado either.
I see Backlund as the guy who leads the way. Coleman, Weegar, Andersson. Those can be your vets. Huberdeau is there too. He's apparently good with the young guys even though I wouldn't want him to be the example on the ice. We are short of top end talent, not good 2 way vets.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

It only works if Shanahan is gone first...

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
No reason to trade him. I think he ages well and ltirs the last two.

Wouldn't expect any team to give up much for him

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I'd be down for something like this if he was willing to waive to come to us and allow us to flip him to a 3rd party... I don't want to move on from Naz but it would be a way to kickstart our rebuild.

to Calgary: Easton Cowan and John Tavares
to Toronto: Nazem Kadri

to Colorado: John Tavares (5.5m retained)
to Calgary: 1st in 2024, Oskar Olausson, Ryan Johansson

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'd be down for something like this if he was willing to waive to come to us and allow us to flip him to a 3rd party... I don't want to move on from Naz but it would be a way to kickstart our rebuild.

to Calgary: Easton Cowan and John Tavares
to Toronto: Nazem Kadri

to Colorado: John Tavares (5.5m retained)
to Calgary: 1st in 2024, Oskar Olausson, Ryan Johansson

Tavares is NOT a fit in Colorado regardless of salary. Awful idea.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Leafs aren’t trading their franchise center

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Callum Ritchie or an equivalent C prospect. Otherwise he’s a great veteran to teach the young guys what being a pro is
I'm not sure what's worse... expecting a top prospect in a trade for his overpaid ass, or wanting one of the most selfish players in the league teaching your prospects

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
The flames should try and trade him given the great season he’s having. He still has 5 more years after this year at 7 million per year but he would be a massive edition for a team that could use a high end 2C. He’s definitely a step up from any of the Cs on expiring deals that are available.
Are there any teams in playoff contention let alone top rated/projected that would have the cap space to fit him in both this year and moving forward? I can't imagine that the Flames would be willing to retain for five years without a significant payment for just that one part of the deal (payment for both the real dollars and in that it would take up 1/3 of their retention slots for five years), and that's before assigning any value to Kadri himself.

That's not to say that it couldn't happen, I just don't really see how Calgary would do it without taking a bath. And in that case, why not just keep him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I'm not sure what's worse... expecting a top prospect in a trade for his overpaid ass, or wanting one of the most selfish players in the league teaching your prospects
What’s worse is posters from other teams asking what it would take to trade a player and then respond with a passive aggressive laugh when someone states what they would need to trade the player. Very HF.

He’s been one of the better two way Cs in the league this year. And a consummate pro. On pace for his second best season offensively playing with two rookies. 51 points in his last 50 games. But we should be trading him with our first and for a cap dump to open up cap space we don’t need according to the idiots on this website.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What’s worse is posters from other teams asking what it would take to trade a player and then respond with a passive aggressive laugh when someone states what they would need to trade the player. Very HF.

He’s been one of the better two way Cs in the league this year. And a consummate pro. On pace for his second best season offensively playing with two rookies. 51 points in his last 50 games. But we should be trading him with our first and for a cap dump to open up cap space we don’t need according to the idiots on this website.
Not once have I ever asked for or desired Kadri on my team.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This is a pretty bad post. He's underpaid relative to what he's contributing. The issue with Kadri is not the cap hit. It's the term. If you're a team with a 3 year window he makes a lot of sense. You wouldn't have to give up much and he's a high end 2C. Lots of teams are looking for that. Boston, Colorado and Tampa would all make a lot of sense.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
This is a pretty bad post. He's underpaid relative to what he's contributing. The issue with Kadri is not the cap hit. It's the term. If you're a team with a 3 year window he makes a lot of sense. You wouldn't have to give up much and he's a high end 2C. Lots of teams are looking for that. Boston, Colorado and Tampa would all make a lot of sense.
Overpaid doesn't have to be limited to just one season.

A 33 yr old forward that's scored >61 points once in his career, making $7m for the next 5 years is most certainly overpaid overall, and arguably even right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad