Value of: Nazem Kadri

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
The flames should try and trade him given the great season he’s having. He still has 5 more years after this year at 7 million per year but he would be a massive edition for a team that could use a high end 2C. He’s definitely a step up from any of the Cs on expiring deals that are available.

• Love
Reactions: goldnblack

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
The flames should try and trade him given the great season he’s having. He still has 5 more years after this year at 7 million per year but he would be a massive edition for a team that could use a high end 2C. He’s definitely a step up from any of the Cs on expiring deals that are available.
even though he's having a good season. At 33, 5 more years of that contract you are going to have to add a 1st or more take him

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Id love Kadri back on the leafs. Unfortunately it only works of Tavares waives his NMC and the flames would take Tavares for 1 year

Cowan + Tavares for Kadri if both of them were willing to go

Reactions: Nanuuk

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Callum Ritchie or an equivalent C prospect. Otherwise he’s a great veteran to teach the young guys what being a pro is
You ain’t getting ritchie. If we didn’t have a massive hole at goalie, maybe but the Avs are going nowhere with georgiev in net.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Callum Ritchie or an equivalent C prospect. Otherwise he’s a great veteran to teach the young guys what being a pro is

He's becoming an increasingly popular name on the Avs board but Ritchie makes no sense.

It depends on whether Calgary mgt sees this as an opportunity to get out of a lenghty contract from the previous regime.

Reactions: frontsfan67

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Seems like an off-season move, if at all, to me.

No question he's having a nice season. He'd be a really good 1b/2c for a lot of teams. He's shown himself to be a pretty durable player. 34 in October; I think you'd get another 2-3 seasons before he might start to actually slow down. The concern would be whether he's learned his playoff lesson yet. Can he keep his composure?

So what's his value? I think it would depend on what the central piece is. Two pieces maybe? First and an A/B prospect?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames are not gonna retain anything, and they are not gonna add an asset to give Kadri to another team. Most likely no team is gonna trade for Kadri without retention or sweetener, and give Flames something that is worth something.

So there's that, Kadri is gonna be a Flame for at least 2-3 more seasons. He's been doing ok this season, no need to pay to get rid of him. Depending where Flames go in the next few seasons and how Kadri, he might be traded for something or given away with an asset as a cap dump. But nothings gonna happen this year.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not sure why the Flames would trade him if looking at the business side of things. Flames are playing good hockey and may make it into the playoffs. Considering the gate revenues the Flames would bring it, Not counting canteen, parking and merchandise. From a hockey side of things it may make sense with the length of his contract but with the cap set to rise his 7 million may be what a 3 line C gets in 3 years

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kadri the cheap shot artist
Almost as cheap as this comment. I am not a Flames fan in the least but I can go threw every team in the NHL and find players that have crossed the line. Kadri tries to fire up his team mates with some hard hits and sometime he crosses. I rather have someone that crosses the line in a game than a player that chokes a women in a bar. Just for the record I also believe every deserves a second chance.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Flames aren't going to blow it up completely. They are moving their free agents so they don't end up in a situation like they had with Gaudreau and Tkachuk both leaving at the same time, but there is no chance they trade away contributing players, especially ones who chose to be part of the Flames organization and signed there long term.

Plus, even if they rebuild, they need good players around their developing players so they don't end up in a never ending cycle of sucking.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
With the cap going up I think 7mil is going to be the new 5mil and he’s probably got at least 2-3 good years left in the 5 on his contract

Not a bad guy to have around during a rebuild if he’s happy in Calgary. Don’t think the Flames would just give him away to clear cap

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
With that contract he's negative value. A contender might be interested in Kadri for a cap dump, more of a summer trade.
He’s still capable of producing to his contract value so he’s going to receive something of value.

To see an example of negative value, look no further than Josh Anderson.

Reactions: Nanuuk and lionsDen

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The Avs aren't trading Ritchie for that contract.

He will remain a flame and lead the rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionsDen

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The Flames aren't going to blow it up completely. They are moving their free agents so they don't end up in a situation like they had with Gaudreau and Tkachuk both leaving at the same time, but there is no chance they trade away contributing players, especially ones who chose to be part of the Flames organization and signed there long term.

Plus, even if they rebuild, they need good players around their developing players so they don't end up in a never ending cycle of sucking.

They are going to be very bad, very soon.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Feel like valuing Kadri in a trade would be difficult. I know some said he didn't play great last year, but he still basically had an average Kadri year at ~25 goals and ~55pts and obviously he's been great this year. But I don't feel like teams will give up the adequate pieces for a 33 year old signed for 5 more years.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Once again, Conroy and the Flames have been consistently saying the team isn't doing a tear down rebuild. So the only way Kadri is traded if if he either requests a trade or a team blows their socks off with an offer.

Otherwise, he's a cup winning centre that brings valuable experience and has done a terrific job mentoring guys like Zary and Pospisil on the Kidri line.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Id love Kadri back on the leafs. Unfortunately it only works of Tavares waives his NMC and the flames would take Tavares for 1 year

Cowan + Tavares for Kadri if both of them were willing to go
I'd actually do that.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
People forget about how bad Kadri's contract is because they have a mild aneurysm seeing Huberdeau at the top of the Flames capfriendly page and never make it further down the table. But its still there, and its horrible

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The problem isn't that he's not valuable this year. It's that his value will be dropping in the same time frame as the picks and prospects we have will be growing their game. His value is all in the next 3 years where he's a really good 2C. His last 2 years he'll be a 3C. Then there's no value in his deal. If I was a GM of a team with a 3 year window I'd have interest if he filled a hole for me. Not at a big price, but if they took back some bad money I had I'd move a late 1st or equivalent prospect. If they didn't take back bad money I'd offer a 4th round pick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Even if Calgary is finally forced into a rebuild vs a retool they will need some veterans to lead the way. No point trading him as the cap hit and term remaining kill his actual trade value.

I don’t want to see him back in Colorado either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad