Nazem Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah I don't know about this one. He could end up a 70 point player, but will he be the kind a team like Boston would pursue or does he end up as a 70 point player on an anonymous team like Florida? Or does he ever blossom into the kind of player you want him to be if he stays in Toronto? I'm getting Kyle Wellwood vibes from this guy. The negative stories with his development have lingered for way too long with this kid.

Kadri would have to score 70+ points a year to be an effective player on a good team.

When you do not play defence well, kill PIMs, or match up well against the better centres in the NHL.

50 points and little else he brings to the team is bare minimum output from him.

Bergeron has 60 points this year, if we look at it from a simple points perspective, Kadri is not far behind.

But reality is, he is not close to the player Bergeron is.

mikebel111*

I don't get it.

His point was. People over rating holland so they can somehow convince that he makes kadri expendable. Just like they did with frattin. How is that working out?
I havent seen anything from holland to prove he makes kadri expendable. I do believe he has top 6 upside, but nothing yet.

mikebel111*

Kadri would have to score 70+ points a year to be an effective player on a good team.

When you do not play defence well, kill PIMs, or match up well against the better centres in the NHL.

50 points and little else he brings to the team is bare minimum output from him.

Bergeron has 60 points this year, if we look at it from a simple points perspective, Kadri is not far behind.

But reality is, he is not close to the player Bergeron is.

Coming from the one who thinks 23 year old stop developing, but a much older bozak will continue to develop?
:laugh:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People make the dumbest comparisons to kadri
Gagner? What an insult to kadri
And than stephen makes the best one wellwood? Are u serious? Wow another terrible one!
People ignore his improvements on faceoffs again. Maybe they cant take it?
He was at 49.4%in his last 37 games. Much better than before. People cant take his improvements on draws i guess.
Not surprising really

Kadri knows the brand of hockey he has to play to be successful but he doesn't bring it unless someone challenges him, his job security or humiliates him publicly. The guy is like a Wellwood coaster who thinks he can cheat defensively and get by on junior moves sometimes.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Coming from the one who thinks 23 year old stop developing, but a much older bozak will continue to develop?

Not a Bozak thread, I fail to see the comparison.

Kadri is 23 and 7 months old. He will be in this 5th pro year come October when he is a mature 24.

He should be looking at 21 year olds Ryan Johansen and Jaden Schartz and asking himself why are they so much better?

Is Kadri just Slow to learn, or its it a lack of commitment?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Kadri has done nothing for the past 4 years but take one step forward, one step back, one step forward again. It all clicked for him last year but it's like he figured he already made it and didn't have to do the things that made him successful for that brief amount of time. I doubt too many people would call Kadri a good professional.

mikebel111*

Kadri knows the brand of hockey he has to play to be successful but he doesn't bring it unless someone challenges him, his job security or humiliates him publicly. The guy is like a Wellwood coaster who thinks he can cheat defensively and get by on junior moves sometimes.

So ur saying he should never use moves? That is part of his game. He has improved in his decision making of when to use them. He work a cycle pretty well except he is really weak.

mikebel111*

Not a Bozak thread, I fail to see the comparison.

Kadri is 23 and 7 months old. He will be in this 5th pro year come October when he is a mature 24.

He should be looking at 21 year olds Ryan Johansen and Jaden Schartz and asking himself why are they so much better?

Is Kadri just Slow to learn, or its it a lack of commitment?

Bozak wasnt this good he is now at same age. Lack of commitment?
Every player develops differently. Please understand that

ClarkieMac

Oct 18, 2010
I think Kadri's situation is similar to Seguins in Boston. He's clearly got the skill to succeed in the NHL, I just don't think Toronto is the place it will happen. The pressure of being a top draft pick will always hang over his head and I don't think he has the work ethic or passion for this market. A kick in the pants with a new orginization is exactly what this guy need in my opinion. Hopefully we can get something of value for him.

mikebel111*

Kadri has done nothing for the past 4 years but take one step forward, one step back, one step forward again. It all clicked for him last year but it's like he figured he already made it and didn't have to do the things that made him successful for that brief amount of time. I doubt too many people would call Kadri a good professional.

What?
I will say he is fine where he is. Better on draws. Decent in own end. Was he this as a teenager?
But lets discount of being on wing before going as C full time. If he was their from start, he would be better

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Kadri is not as good as 21 year olds Jaden Schartz or Ryan Johansen either.

Maybe they are just smarter or more committed than Naz is.

ClarkieMac

Oct 18, 2010

Kadri's coasted off his skill his entire career, being fed minutes due to him being a high pick. For all his shortcomings, Bozak has earned everything he's gotten at this point. He's created chemistry with Kessel and has become arguably our most consistent forward this season. There's more to it then age.

mikebel111*

Kadri's coasted off his skill his entire career, being fed minutes due to him being a high pick. For all his shortcomings, Bozak has earned everything he's gotten at this point. He's created chemistry with Kessel and has become arguably our most consistent forward this season. There's more to it then age.
Read my posts. Bozak is one of my favorites on the team. I am a big fan of tyler. But my issue is people arguing kadri will stop developing

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Maybe because they developed differently.
Some players are slower, some are faster. U get it now,

Or maybe they are simply better players, maybe they are more committed to being the best they can be, maybe they are smarter players, where to play on a winning team, they know defence is not only expected but demanded. Something Kadri nearing 24 has yet to learn.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

I have to ask Stephen, who on this roster is leading by example? as in who is playing this "type" of hockey you speak of.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I think Kadri's situation is similar to Seguins in Boston. He's clearly got the skill to succeed in the NHL, I just don't think Toronto is the place it will happen. The pressure of being a top draft pick will always hang over his head and I don't think he has the work ethic or passion for this market. A kick in the pants with a new orginization is exactly what this guy need in my opinion. Hopefully we can get something of value for him.

After we're done with this 18 wheeler and Timmy Lew hopefully doing some overhauls in some management areas, thus revamping the team a bit, we're gonna want to hold onto Kadri.

People have this ridiculous notion that if a player doesn't develop into an all-star by 21 years old they're garbage. There's such a ridiculous double-standard on this board and it gets way too annoying in threads like these.

mikebel111*

Kadri is not as good as 21 year olds Jaden Schartz or Ryan Johansen either.

Maybe they are just smarter or more committed than Naz is.

Maybe they are, maybe they arent? We dont know for sure.
Plus look at their sorroundings. Everything needs to be taken into account here.
Where are ur mistakes more magnified? Toronto easily.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Read my posts. Bozak is one of my favorites on the team. I am a big fan of tyler. But my issue is people arguing kadri will stop developing

I think the issue is Kadri will be a 5th year pro this October at 24, and why is he still learning, when younger guys in the league have figured it out quicker.

The developing has stalled. Can he learn? Does he want to learn? Million dollar question.

Complacent is his name, he answered yes to that one.

mikebel111*

Or maybe they are simply better players, maybe they are more committed to being the best they can be, maybe they are smarter players, where to play on a winning team, they know defence is not only expected but demanded. Something Kadri nearing 24 has yet to learn.

I could have said the same thing about bozak.
Please be patient like many were with frattin.
I am done with u today, people refuse to be objective here

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Why Burke drafted a Habs fan to play on the Leafs most of us will never understand. It's like asking to have players sabotage the team.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I could have said the same thing about bozak.
Please be patient like many were with frattin.
I am done with u today, people refuse to be objective here

I haven't seen a thing this year to indicate to me, Nazem wants to get better.

He doesn't put in the work, there is a reason why he has had a rough ride here with coach's and management.

Wonder what the Leafs management team will discuss about him when the season is over.

Remember what Boston said about Seguin? I can see the same thing happening here for Kadri.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I have to ask Stephen, who on this roster is leading by example? as in who is playing this "type" of hockey you speak of.

Kadri himself experienced about a month and a half of pretty good hockey last season, and that was predicated on attacking every shift with high energy levels, finishing checks, getting in people's faces, drawing penalties and going hard to the net in straight lines and not going lone ranger, etc. These are things he can do as an individual on every shift, and he simply doesn't. His line of thinking seems to be "I already did that" and then reverts to a lame perimeter game.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lupul and his looks?

well that's just it,right?

I think it is fair to voice concerns over some that is Kadri but there is still time for growth and improvement.

can we say the same for our leaders like Lups,Dion,Kessel,Bozo,Frantastic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad