Nazem Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's old and he's had his worst year in a long time, even Wings fans will tell you that, and Zetterberg being out for so long has hurt them. The last few years his GA/60 was 1.41, 1.77, 2.51, 2.03.

Bozak has only been below 3.00 GA/60 once in his career, with 2.92 last year.

Spezza 4.28 GA/60
Tavares 3.44 GA/60
Backstrom 3.29 GA/60
Hodgson 3.26 GA/60
Bozak 3.26 GA/60
Datsyuk 3.20 GA/60
Kesler 3.13 GA/60
Kadri 3.07 GA/60 By far plays the easiest mins on this list.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Spezza 4.28 GA/60
Tavares 3.44 GA/60
Backstrom 3.29 GA/60
Hodgson 3.26 GA/60
Bozak 3.26 GA/60
Datsyuk 3.20 GA/60
Kesler 3.13 GA/60

Maybe it has to do with lupul and Clarkson/Raymond being his wingers most of the time, and I'm fairly sure the terrible Gardiner/franson pairing is usually matched up with him too. A recipe for disaster

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Seriously what's the obsession with Ryan Johansen. Yeah it sure would be nice if Kadri played like him, unfortunately he just doesn't work hard enough in the gym to grow 3 inches and 50 lbs this offseason. Besides, why look at Johansen anyway, MacKinnon is even younger and better, Kadri should play like him instead!

Jaden Schwartz is 21 also, want me to cite him instead? What a player.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
You know how many NHL games Bozak played going into that season? 32 NHL games right out of college hockey. What were your expectations of him playing with a 100 ft Kessel?

Kadri has now only played 174 NHL games, and is -10 with a lot of flaws. Big difference huh?

So you quote Bozak's GP going INTO the season, but cite Kadri's current GP? Call a spade a spade. He had 99 going into this year, spread out over four years. He's played 174 NHL games and is a +3, stop bringing stats out of context.

You also ignore that Kadri has had to play with an 100 ft Lupul all year, who stats indicate may be worse that Kessel defensively.

Yep, sounds like another JVR right? I would take a lazy Kane over a lazy Kadri any day, he is a power forward that can score 30 and inflict pain to the opposition. Kadri is a maybe 30 goal scorer that flops around like a seal, something that is really getting tiresome to leafs fans and the refs.

Kane hit 30 two years ago and hasn't come close to pacing for it since. Not really the consistent 30 goal guy. He's also rumoured to have attitude problems and was a healthy scratch recently.

He's also a career -11 and a -9 on the year. Why is he an upgrade again?

Kadri is in his 4th pro season, and still learning, apparently he has not learned defence fast enough in the AHL or NHL yet. 5th pro season next year, if he is still playing the softest mins for our Center group next year, I sure hope he is not -10. Otherwise this is the slowest developing future #1C we have seen in while.

If you count two ~25 game seasons as a full schedule... then sure he's going to hit his "5th" season next year.

Matt Duchene is a career -22 and in his third year scored at a 40 point pace while spotting a -11. No doubt you would have been calling for his head. I'm sure Colorado is happy they didn't part ways with him.

I see a bunch of ridiculous arguments in this thread against him and it's hard to take someone seriously when they have such a personal vendetta against a player.

I hope you don't ignore this because I'm curious, if we do land the Bogosain(highest ESTOI/G per game for Winnipeg, we're going to have to add++) or Gubrandson(6th in ESTOI/G on a terrible Florida squad). Are you comfortable with the C depth going forward assuming we sign Bolland?

Aside from his marginal better play than Kadri, once he gets injured (he's NEVER played a full 82) we're going to roll with.

Bozak
Holland
Smith
???

:laugh::laugh:

This organization is in NO position to give up C depth, and it would crazy to give up on Kadri now without giving him one more year. I agree he's getting close to the age where what you see is what you get, but he is not there yet. He's shown enough improvement on faceoffs and defensive play IMO where gambling on one more year with him may just be worth it.

I'd rather gamble on that extra year and find out he won't ever be average defensively, then give up on him now and watch him blossom into a first line center wearing another team's jersey.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Maybe it has to do with lupul and Clarkson/Raymond being his wingers most of the time, and I'm fairly sure the terrible Gardiner/franson pairing is usually matched up with him too. A recipe for disaster
That's the real problem. He is very poorly complimenting and that mid-pairing is a joke as well. I think if he spent more time with a more defensively stronger pairing, his GA numbers would be a lot better.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Did you guys see that flop in the 2nd? He was barely touched and went down like he was shot :laugh: .

What a jack ass. No honour in that type of game.

Carlyle better take him in the back room and slap him around a little bit until he understands to stay on his skates.

Or trade the kid for someone of equal talent who plays with a bit of integrity.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Everyone on this team is Kadri meaning not one player should get comfortable.
3 massive breakdowns in 3 years and years of futility before that.
There is a losing culture and the core is flawed. The support staff is weak.
How long can we continue to move forward like this?

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Did you guys see that flop in the 2nd? He was barely touched and went down like he was shot :laugh: .

Carlyle better take him in the back room and slap him around a little bit until he understands to stay on his skates.

hopefully carlyle himself won't be here much longer

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Holland is that you ?

Common get a life, ur the same dude who thought frattin was better lol

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Sounds like and looks like Kadri is gone in the off season according to TFP and other sources. Leafs need to get this fixed.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

Did you see a linesman slap Crosby in the face and he fell like he was struck by a bullet? I know, no integrity in Crosby's game, none.:shakehead

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Spezza 4.28 GA/60
Tavares 3.44 GA/60
Backstrom 3.29 GA/60
Hodgson 3.26 GA/60
Bozak 3.26 GA/60
Datsyuk 3.20 GA/60
Kesler 3.13 GA/60

As usual, you ignore quality of teammates stats to peddle your nonsensical hatred of Kadri.

Somehow, the fact that Bozak has worse stats playing with much stronger players allows you to ignore that he is nothing special defensively. He's ok. But there are no Selke awards on the horizon.

Here's food for thought: What would Bozak's stats look like if he played 2nd line minutes with Kadri's wingers? Would he be anywhere near 50 points?

Bozak was given a gift of being able to develop chemistry with Kessel. It did not happen right away, as Kessel often player better away from Bozak for his first few seasons. After several years of playing together, they have developed solid chemistry. However, if you took Bozak and moved him to another line, I'd be surprised if he could outperform Kadri. And just the same, if you gave Kadri a few years to develop with Kessel, instead of a couple ten-game stretches, they'd develop chemistry as well.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Did you see a linesman slap Crosby in the face and he fell like he was struck by a bullet? I know, no integrity in Crosby's game, none.:shakehead

I imagine Crosby might be a little sensitive after taking that puck to the chops which broke his teeth and jaw. Funny that. Try telling that to all the internet tough guys though.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I will gladly maintain my position on defending Kadri through this time of insane distress...

Trading him is a mistake, he will be scoring 70+ with another team. MARK. MY. WORDS.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I would only trade him for another relatively young, better centre, which probably won't happen. He has a very flawed game right now (loses most physical battles, bad on draws, below average defensively), BUT he also has a tonne of offensive talent, and he competes hard. He's still very young at 23, by the time he's ~25-26 he could easily mature into a very good 2C (as opposed to the talented but flawed 2C he is now). Trading him would likely be a mistake.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I will gladly maintain my position on defending Kadri through this time of insane distress...

Trading him is a mistake, he will be scoring 70+ with another team. MARK. MY. WORDS.

I agree with this 100%.

But Kadri played his last home game as a Maple Leaf last night, and is playing his final 3 games with this organization next week.

He's gone in the summer, and it will be a mistake.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I agree with this 100%.

But Kadri played his last home game as a Maple Leaf last night, and is playing his final 3 games with this organization next week.

He's gone in the summer, and it will be a mistake.

Why did Nonis look disappointed when he scored yesterday?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah I don't know about this one. He could end up a 70 point player, but will he be the kind a team like Boston would pursue or does he end up as a 70 point player on an anonymous team like Florida? Or does he ever blossom into the kind of player you want him to be if he stays in Toronto? I'm getting Kyle Wellwood vibes from this guy. The negative stories with his development have lingered for way too long with this kid.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I don't think he's going to be traded. Nonis will dangle his name into trade proposals but no team is going to bite, not to mention Nonis would be excepting a very good return.

mikebel111*

Holland is that you ?

Common get a life, ur the same dude who thought frattin was better lol

He is? That explains it. Guess i dont need to take his opinion seriously
BTW. great player frattin is:laugh:

mikebel111*

People make the dumbest comparisons to kadri
Gagner? What an insult to kadri
And than stephen makes the best one wellwood? Are u serious? Wow another terrible one!
People ignore his improvements on faceoffs again. Maybe they cant take it?
He was at 49.4%in his last 37 games. Much better than before. People cant take his improvements on draws i guess.
Not surprising really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad