Nazem Kadri vs Kyle Turris

Kadri vs Turris

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Kadri is a better hockey player, no real doubt from my perspective.

That said, despite what the stats say (haha, I know), I find Turris to be the more lethal offensive threat.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Sens #1C goes against the leafs #2C and its dead even. love it!

Take away Sens/Leafs fans and I assume Turris is winning by a decent margin.
Then again a lot of people hate all the Laefs threads lately, so maybe Turris is getting a few extra "i'm sick of the Leafs" votes.

Voted too close to call, personally. Both are ideal 2C but can probably play 1C if needed.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Take away Sens/Leafs fans and I assume Turris is winning by a decent margin.
Then again a lot of people hate all the Laefs threads lately, so maybe Turris is getting a few extra "i'm sick of the Leafs" votes.

Voted too close to call, personally. Both are ideal 2C but can probably play 1C if needed.

ha yeah right bud. the leafs have quite a few people that vote against their players regardless of opponent.
it works both ways. Most casual observers would call this one a wash.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Kadri has surpassed Turris and is quite a bit better in just about every metric while playing with generally worse linemates. Plus he brings an element of grit (and durability) which Turris does not. He's quite hated on these boards though so I could see him losing the poll.

He doesn't play with worse linemates. Every player on Toronto is elite.

I'll take the guy that has actually scored 30 in his career

What about the guy who has scored 24 goals, three times?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
ha yeah right bud. the leafs have quite a few people that vote against their players regardless of opponent.
it works both ways. Most casual observers would call this one a wash.

Did you even read anything he wrote after the first line of his post? Jeez.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Current Leaf vs future Leaf. :naughty: I'm going to have to say both are good!

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Leaf fan... Turris is better.

Based on what?

Last two seasons plus current one: Kadri - 171 GP 56 G 118 PTS 0.69 PPG; Turris - 144 GP 43 G 93 PTS 0.65 PPG

Plus Kadri was 20th in Selke voting last year.

Haven't looked at advanced metrics but based on previous posters it sounds like Kadri is better in those as well.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Based on what?

Last two seasons plus current one: Kadri - 171 GP 56 G 118 PTS 0.69 PPG; Turris - 144 GP 43 G 93 PTS 0.65 PPG

Plus Kadri was 20th in Selke voting last year.

Haven't looked at advanced metrics but based on previous posters it sounds like Kadri is better in those as well.
There's literally no metric for Turris being better lol, expected goals, possession, scoring chances, scoring stats etc all favour Kadri. Sens fans will say playoff goals but the Leafs were never in the playoffs because they sucked so I'm not sure how you can compare against a sample size as small as Kadri's.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Kadri is a better hockey player, no real doubt from my perspective.

That said, despite what the stats say (haha, I know), I find Turris to be the more lethal offensive threat.
I agree.

For me it comes down to team needs - if you need a number 1 centre I think Turris is a better bet. Despite the numbers, Turris has a better offensive tool box while Kadri is a better 2 way centre with his ability to match up against top players and bring more versatility.

Tough call, I voted too close. I’d need to know my team needs and current make up before picking one or the other.

Reactions: Sureves

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It's probably close but I'd still take Kadri because of his blend of physical play and goal scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad