Nazem Kadri vs Kyle Turris

Kadri vs Turris

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I like Turris a bit better,but Kadri is also really good and is likely to eclipse him soon .So its close

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Proven more ...Has more experience against top line players...Like i said its close but for us he is the better fit ATM

But Kadri faces harder competition, and has worse linemates. He does that with equal to better shot rates & production 5v5. Plus he's one of the better "pests" (that manages to not cross the line).

Powerplay they're pretty equal (based on points alone), and they both aren't primary penalty killers.

At best I'd say Turris is equal to Naz, but including injuries, age, and contracts, it gets a lot more clear I'd prefer Kadri.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
But Kadri faces harder competition, and has worse linemates. He does that with equal to better shot rates & production 5v5. Plus he's one of the better "pests" (that manages to not cross the line).

Powerplay they're pretty equal (based on points alone), and they both aren't primary penalty killers.

At best I'd say Turris is equal to Naz, but including injuries, age, and contracts, it gets a lot more clear I'd prefer Kadri.

Turris has better linemates? lol ok man i dont see Marleau on this wing here. At best Turris is much better than Kadri actually, he has been a way better playoff player he actually plays a first line role, he is much better positionally. Put Turris in Toronto's system then put Kadri in Ottawa's and id love to see the point total difference.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Kadri plays with Marleau and Komorov this year, and played with Komorov and Brown/Nylander last year.

Turris plays with Dzingel and Smith this year, and played with Dzingel and a slumping Ryan last year. He did get some reps with Hoffman, and Smith too.

I certainly don't think Turris has had better linemates this year. Last year is up for debate though.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Turris has better linemates? lol ok man i dont see Marleau on this wing here. At best Turris is much better than Kadri actually, he has been a way better playoff player he actually plays a first line role, he is much better positionally. Put Turris in Toronto's system then put Kadri in Ottawa's and id love to see the point total difference.

I love how you say 38-year old Marleau is his best linemates as if that's a good thing.. He's not good anymore.

Positonally? Lol.

Playoffs? Small sample size for Nasty Naz.

Kadri plays harder comps and comes away with better shot rates, and production.

I don't see the case.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Turris is better defensively and is actually super clutch in the playoffs. He doesn't disappear at all. He's a good lockeroom team guy.

Kadri is a very good player but Turris is also getting better. Kadri is a good player though and its not like he is a lot worse than him but If you traded Turris for Kadri the Sens would not be a better team.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I love how you say 38-year old Marleau is his best linemates as if that's a good thing.. He's not good anymore.

Positonally? Lol.

Playoffs? Small sample size for Nasty Naz.

Kadri plays harder comps and comes away with better shot rates, and production.

I don't see the case.

Huh?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Kadri has surpassed Turris and is quite a bit better in just about every metric while playing with generally worse linemates. Plus he brings an element of grit (and durability) which Turris does not. He's quite hated on these boards though so I could see him losing the poll.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Turris. The guy is a very underrated two way player. Kadri needs to improve his defensive play to get to the same level. I know Kadri gets the tough defensive assignments on the Leafs just like Turris on the Sens but Turris does a better job. I don't think that's up for debate.
I do like Kadri's offence slightly better though. Just not enough to make up for Turris' defensive advantage.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kadri has surpassed Turris and is quite a bit better in just about every metric while playing with generally worse linemates. Plus he brings an element of grit (and durability) which Turris does not. He's quite hated on these boards though so I could see him losing the poll.

Why are people bringing up durability? Turris has missed significant time in one season. In the last 5 years coming into this one, Kadri has played a whopping 10 more games

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Sens #1C goes against the leafs #2C and its dead even. love it!

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

Classic undersell.
Biased because I own his jersey but I pick Turris, he has scored some clutch goals for the Sens in the playoffs. That's the difference for me since their other numbers are pretty even.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Kadri's physicality/agitation swings it for me. Once you factor in contract, it becomes a lot less close (if it's pertinent to this thread that is).

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Classic undersell.
Biased because I own his jersey but I pick Turris, he has scored some clutch goals for the Sens in the playoffs. That's the difference for me since their other numbers are pretty even.

Uh have you seen Marleau play? (Plus I hated his signing, check my post history).

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Turris is better defensively and is actually super clutch in the playoffs. He doesn't disappear at all. He's a good lockeroom team guy.

Kadri is a very good player but Turris is also getting better. Kadri is a good player though and its not like he is a lot worse than him but If you traded Turris for Kadri the Sens would not be a better team.

Don't think the Leafs would be a better team either, in fact, would probably be a little worse if that trade happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad