Tribute Nazem Kadri Appreciation Thread

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It was a bit of a roller-coaster ride with him. First year he was good, and had great playoffs in the bubble. The second year the production dropped off, he looked disinterested at times and capped it off with that stupid suspension. This year had a career RS and what a playoffs, including the heroic goal in the SCF OT.

Good luck to him in Calgary, obviously not against us though. Calgary for me has always been the most neutral Canadian team for some reason. I dislike I alot of them, nothing too bad to say against the Flames. Us winning against them in 2019 obviously helped a lot in that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Congrats to Naz on a much deserved payday!

Avs are gonna miss his swagger big time. Glad he wasn't making Av fans suffer through the off season with a signed contract from Lou in a drawer somewhere, thinking he still had a chance to come back. Not looking forward to playing him in the playoffs though, which seems like a good possibility now.

That contract may not be great in the final years, but it's a relatively good deal for the first half or so.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Best of luck to him. Since there wasn't a realistic way for Avs to keep him, no Avs fan should have any ill feeling towards him for chasing the money.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
All the tributes are wonderful. When the gushing stops however, you will be reminded that Naz is now the enemy. And he plays in the Western Conference. Past glories and friendships aside, don't think he won't hesitate for an instance to take Makar out at the knees if he gets the chance. Winning means everything to Naz. As it should.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
His OT goal in SCF game 4 will probably be the most memorable goal of this cup win for me. Always liked Naz back to his Toronto days and wish him well. Glad to see him get paid. Also glad it wasn’t us signing that contract. I expect he’ll be back to a ~60 point player for a couple years and the last 4-5 years of that contract will look bad.

Reactions: The Shermanator

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
All the tributes are wonderful. When the gushing stops however, you will be reminded that Naz is now the enemy. And he plays in the Western Conference. Past glories and friendships aside, don't think he won't hesitate for an instance to take Makar out at the knees if he gets the chance. Winning means everything to Naz. As it should.
Lol yeah I can't wait to be on the other side of Naz's next playoff suspension.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is the first real cost of winning most've us have experienced. There are some that feel this way about those draft picks and prospects we've traded. This won't get easier, but hopefully we'll see continued excellence on the ice.

I really do wish Naz the best though. For a guy with that much skill, he sure does play a pretty simple meat and potatoes game with great success. Nice to see him cash in and get rewarded. It's going to be awkward though if we develop a rivalry with Calgary. This will feel different than playing against Duchene or ROR. Naz loved it here and was loved here. But you gotta know he's just done turned heel and will be a thorn in our side now for the rest of our window.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I think the only player in Avs history who had as big an impact in a relatively short amount of time is Ray Bourque, and that's saying something. Considering he was the centerpeice of two top 10 all time great Avs playoff moments, arguably top 5 (Borque being the centerpiece of the #1 moment). I think his hat trick against St Louis is probably the greatest non Stanley Cup Final moment in Avs playoff history, considering the context of everything going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad