Nazem Kadri all purpose thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace88*

Yes, it appears hes more important to this team than hes ever gotten credit for. Is he a 1c? No. Is he the perfect compliment to Phil and JVR? Absolutely.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He didn't get an assist on Kessel's goal tonight but he made that play by pressuring Erhoff to cough up the puck. Another good play by Bozak.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
He didn't get an assist on Kessel's goal tonight but he made that play by pressuring Erhoff to cough up the puck. Another good play by Bozak.

He's look solid again tonight. Made several great plays, almost gave JVR a freebie, and it seems the entire line seems willing to find each other now (not always just giving it to Kessel).

Speaking of which, Phil still looks off. I dont know what it is, something about him is just bugging me tonight.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He's look solid again tonight. Made several great plays, almost gave JVR a freebie, and it seems the entire line seems willing to find each other now (not always just giving it to Kessel).

Speaking of which, Phil still looks off. I dont know what it is, something about him is just bugging me tonight.
Kessel had plenty of chances as well, but didn't exploit them. More so, what I'm noticing is that Bozak is starting to influence the top line a lot more on the offensive side. Things are getting interesting with the top line IMO.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

No one should complain about Bozak's play this year, he's having a solid game again.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Also i'm 100% if you read between the lines that resigning bozak pretty much insured Kessel's resigning with us.

Bert and Ernie. They live together and pretty much are best pals. Randy even makes fun of them by calling Bozak Kessel's chauffeur.

Essential for what his brings to this team. He has a fair contract. Bozak + Kessel for $4.2+8 is not a ridiculous amount for a top line

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
there were times last night that the 1 line looked like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals

...........and Bozak is a big part of it

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
there were times last night that the 1 line looked like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals

...........and Bozak is a big part of it

Everyone says Bozak and Kessel, but to me it has been Bozak and JVR of late.

Bozak is just one of those players that seems to play well with any player, I am sure Lupul would like to have him as a Center too. They seem to have good chemistry also.

Some players are just easy to play with, I think JVR and Bozak may be more important than Bozak and Kessel.

Why not do:

Bozak Clarkson JVR

And then H(B)olland Lupul and Kessel?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Bozak is just one of those players that seems to play well with any player, I am sure Lupul would like to have him as a Center too. They seem to have good chemistry also.

Some players are just easy to play with, I think JVR and Bozak may be more important than Bozak and Kessel.

Why not do:

Bozak Clarkson JVR

An interesting idea, might be worth a shot to get Lupul going again. He and Kessel had great chemistry at one point too.

It's tough to split up lines like JVR-Bozak-Kessel that are doing so well though.

When Bolland gets back, how about:

JVR-Bozak-Clarkson
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
Holland-Bolland-Kulemin
Raymond-McClement-Orr

Theoretically, you could swap Holland for Kadri. Or, to get Kadri going again, maybe have Holland with Lupul-Kessel and Kadri with JVR-Bozak?

Anyway, about Bozak, I've always been a fan of his. I still don't think he's a #1 center, but he's having a fantastic season thus far. Very useful player.

Bozak/Bolland seems like an excellent 2/3 combo down the middle. Now we just need a #1. (Please, Kadri? Go wizard?)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
An interesting idea, might be worth a shot to get Lupul going again. He and Kessel had great chemistry at one point too.

It's tough to split up lines like JVR-Bozak-Kessel that are doing so well though.

When Bolland gets back, how about:

JVR-Bozak-Clarkson
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
Holland-Bolland-Kulemin
Raymond-McClement-Orr

Theoretically, you could swap Holland for Kadri. Or, to get Kadri going again, maybe have Holland with Lupul-Kessel and Kadri with JVR-Bozak?

Anyway, about Bozak, I've always been a fan of his. I still don't think he's a #1 center, but he's having a fantastic season thus far. Very useful player.

Bozak/Bolland seems like an excellent 2/3 combo down the middle. Now we just need a #1. (Please, Kadri? Go wizard?)

I like Bozak and JVR, they play off each other very well. Clarkson's grit would be very interesting on this line, just head to the net and pick up the garbage.

Holland Lupul and Kessel has the makings of a good line.

I don't think Bozak needs Kessel as much as people believe here, Kessel might miss Bozie more, but atleast Kessel will still have Lupul to play off.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Why not do:

Bozak Clarkson JVR

JvR has really blosomed this year and he keeps looking stronger and stronger

if you put the lines together that way you haveto take some playing time away from one of those guys, Clarkson is impoving and getting more settled into the line-up but I would'nt think 1 line duties would be befitting

how bout

Lupul Bozak Kessel

JvR Bolland Clarkson

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I like Bozak and JVR, they play off each other very well. Clarkson's grit would be very interesting on this line, just head to the net and pick up the garbage.

Holland Lupul and Kessel has the makings of a good line.

I don't think Bozak needs Kessel as much as people believe here, Kessel might miss Bozie more, but atleast Kessel will still have Lupul to play off.

Agreed, I'd love to see that.

I would be a bit reluctant to throw Kadri to the 3rd line, but Kadri-Bolland-Kulemin actually doesn't sound too bad.

I also think Raymond needs a break from offensive lines. He's decent defensively with great speed, but he's a black hole offensively right now. Canucks fans warned us he was streaky, so maybe some 3rd/4th line duty until he gets hot again wouldn't be amiss.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

I would be a bit reluctant to throw Kadri to the 3rd line, but Kadri-Bolland-Kulemin actually doesn't sound too bad.

I also think Raymond needs a break from offensive lines. He's decent defensively with great speed, but he's a black hole offensively right now. Canucks fans warned us he was streaky, so maybe some 3rd/4th line duty until he gets hot again wouldn't be amiss.

Kadri's best production comes as the 3rd line centre, that being said with the proper wingers, say Kulemin and Holland(moved from centre of course)

and yup Mason needs some press box time I think

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
not that it's my place or anything and not trying to be a grammar/spelling Nazi

Tyler's last name is spelt B-O-Z-A-K

In addition, Bozak in reality has been doing his own pumping this season, proving a lot of doubters wrong. Some of us feel a satisfaction seeing him get credit after all the negative unwarranted things said about him through the last few years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah, Kadri probably thrives as the third offensive option on a team that rolls three lines of scoring. He's not mature enough to be a top line guy just yet.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Yeah, Kadri probably thrives as the third offensive option on a team that rolls three lines of scoring. He's not mature enough to be a top line guy just yet.

Some reactionary-type people would probably take that as a slight against Kadri, but if you get Kadri playing against third rate opposition when the top two lines can do well enough without him, that spells pretty good things for him and the team. He already shown he can over-produce in that situation.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
JvR has really blosomed this year and he keeps looking stronger and stronger

if you put the lines together that way you haveto take some playing time away from one of those guys, Clarkson is impoving and getting more settled into the line-up but I would'nt think 1 line duties would be befitting

how bout

Lupul Bozak Kessel

JvR Bolland Clarkson
I'd rather have a Bozak - JVR pair instead. In addition, the top line would be bit too undersized and not be consistent enough. If Kessel and Lupul are to be re-united, I think Holland should be centering the line. As for Clarkson, keeping him with Kulemin is wise, and would allow Bolland to play on the top six.

Lupul - Holland - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Bolland
Kulemin - Kadri - Clarkson

The third line could even do some shut down duties as well. Kadri just needs a forward that can play strong along the boards. In the offensive zone, another forward that can screen the goalie. Personally, I think Kadri has the potential to be a +30 goal, +40 assist man so he should be very versatile on the offensive side.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Some reactionary-type people would probably take that as a slight against Kadri, but if you get Kadri playing against third rate opposition when the top two lines can do well enough without him, that spells pretty good things for him and the team. He already shown he can over-produce in that situation.

That's why we miss Bolland. It allowed one of our lines to do damage.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Bozak Bozak!!!!!!

Now he is going to slow down in point production. Which I am fine with. What he does is brings stability so Kessel and JVR and just 2-1-2

Kadri on third line with Kulimen and Clarkson would not be bad. Clarkson can shoot and play the boards well. Kulimen is a defensive genius who can pot some goals. Kadri can playmake and do some nice snipes. What an effective third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad