OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That’s too bad. Will set him back.

Wizards are 19-16 over their last 35 games. Since starting 6-17. So they’ve definitely improved. And as has been pointed out, the deal for Gafford has been a big improvement for them.

Most poopoo’d the deal, but it’s seemingly showing well for GMTS. He’s done a better job than GMEG— but that doesn’t say shit as my 2yr old son could do a better job than Ernie did.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bummer. Won't miss the continual miss of open threes. Mostly he played some decent defense.

I had no idea who Gafford was but reminds me when Bryant first came over from the Lakers and he'd come in and make an impact on the game.

well he is understudy to Westbrook lol....

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'd rather alternating power plays.
Prob one minute PP’s. As 2min could take a LONG time. Maybe always make it 5 on 3?

Should be easy to compare the goal rate per minute for PP vs the goal rate per minute of 3v3. The whole idea is they wanted a winner before the shootout, so the question is, would alternating PPs be more likely to produce that result? If not then it won't happen.

Also, would each team get one chance, like NFL overtime rules? If first team on PP scores, then the other team gets their chance? If not then it significantly favors whoever goes first. For that reason I can't see it happening.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Here's an idea that could work: Alternating PPs 5 on 4 first, each team gets a minute, clock stops play at 1 min, then switch. Treat it like a major where they can score as many times as they can in their allotted time. Then for the 2nd round, if there isn't a winner, alternate 5 vs 3. That's four minutes of PP vs PK format. If they insist on 5 mins, then do 1:15 second rounds.

I like this approach.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Should be easy to compare the goal rate per minute for PP vs the goal rate per minute of 3v3. The whole idea is they wanted a winner before the shootout, so the question is, would alternating PPs be more likely to produce that result? If not then it won't happen.

Also, would each team get one chance, like NFL overtime rules? If first team on PP scores, then the other team gets their chance? If not then it significantly favors whoever goes first. For that reason I can't see it happening.
Of course they both get equal chances. Otherwise it would be absurd

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Here's an idea that could work: Alternating PPs 5 on 4 first, each team gets a minute, clock stops play at 1 min, then switch. Treat it like a major where they can score as many times as they can in their allotted time. Then for the 2nd round, if there isn't a winner, alternate 5 vs 3. That's four minutes of PP vs PK format. If they insist on 5 mins, then do 1:15 second rounds.

I like this approach.
I think it’s like college football. You score, you give the puck to the other team. Alternate for 2 turns each at most. 5v4 each...then 5v3 each... Then shootout

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think it’s like college football. You score, you give the puck to the other team. Alternate for 2 turns each at most. 5v4 each...then 5v3 each... Then shootout

Makes sense, but I like the major penalty approach, where you get your time and if you score twice or three times you put immense pressure on the other team. Anyone can score once on luck alone, but scoring a few times would be a sign of skill. Better PP teams would have a larger advantage over mediocre PP teams.

Anyway, none of this will happen any time soon. Thanks Gary :rolleyes:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
My bad posting my OT post in the wrong thread but glad it sparked an interesting discussion. How about a shot clock for OT? :laugh:

Also, signs of life.

Reactions: g00n

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If Russ and Beal are clicking who has a better 1-2 punch in the east? The Nets, Philly and maybe Boston. Nice to see them clicking after coivd and no offseason before the big trade.

Sep 19, 2008

the point is to fire brooks

this winning streak isn't really helping with that

again they make the playoffs as a 10th seed, then what? They make more money off the short playoff run, get eliminated by the Bucks, and Brooks keeps his job :laugh:

-------------

Also that being said I didn't think Brooks was that bad to be honest but a lot of people don't like him or the lack of defense. I will say though that this team was expected all along to be very good after trading for Westbrook. They severely underachieved for 3/4 of the season and are just now hitting their stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad