OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Love the old Masters highlights this time of year

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Troy Brown Jr. looking terrific so far in Chicago. And if you want one sentence recap of the Scott Brooks era, here it is, straight from TBJ. I think Brooks provides no leadership or direction for the team and it shows on the court. If he is back next year then I'm not bothering to pay attention.
“The hardest thing in Washington (with the Wizards) was I didn't know what would get me on the court. Like if I scored, if I assisted, if I played defense, it was hard for me to figure it out,” Brown said. “First day I got here I talked to Coach Donovan and he told me, ‘Hey I need defense right now.’”

Reactions: John Price

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Had to record the game. Is it even worth watching if you don't care about the outcome?
Baylor played really well. They jumped out 9-0 and I don't think Gonzaga ever got closer than that. They cut it from a 19-point deficit to a 10-point deficit at halftime but that's when I tapped out... kind of had that feel that it was over. Baylor was more aggressive on both ends of the court and never looked threatened, so I figured going to sleep was a safe bet.

Side note: one thing I really miss about living on the west coast is the start times for sports. Starting a national championship game at 9:20p ET on a Monday night sucks for people who have kids or have to get up in the morning (so most people).

Sep 19, 2008
Just dvr

I went until 11 and then tapped out. Fast forwarded through the rest in the morning

Eirikrautha

'zag gets their butt kicked
To be expected. They never played higher than a 5th seed to get to the championship game and barely made it (unlike Baylor, who played some 2's and 3's and dominated most of them). In the SEC or ACC, Gonzaga would be a 3-4 loss team every year. They just play a mediocre schedule and rack up the wins in conference. The "Gonzaga is a powerhouse" stuff is mostly media hype...

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Troy Brown Jr. looking terrific so far in Chicago. And if you want one sentence recap of the Scott Brooks era, here it is, straight from TBJ. I think Brooks provides no leadership or direction for the team and it shows on the court. If he is back next year then I'm not bothering to pay attention.

I would agree I have no idea what the hell was going on. Season started out most everyone was getting playing time however over all and not helped by Westbrook and Bertan not in shape and ready for the start of the season. Then at some point the rotation just like went to two deep and a bunch of players started sitting for no reason based on their play. Sigh.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

They think he was trying to brake but accidentally hit the accelerator, which was pinned at 99%. IOW floored. No way he floored it and ran directly into a tree on purpose without braking.

Wonder if he was driving with spikes on.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They think he was trying to brake but accidentally hit the accelerator, which was pinned at 99%. IOW floored. No way he floored it and ran directly into a tree on purpose without braking.

Wonder if he was driving with spikes on.

id wager he was just speeding his ass off and lost it. Dude should have a driver 90% of the time....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
id wager he was just speeding his ass off and lost it. Dude should have a driver 90% of the time....

But why was the gas floored, and no brakes applied? He either couldn't stop or didn't know he needed to. And if there was no substance impairment it was likely mechanical/physical.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
But why was the gas floored, and no brakes applied? He either couldn't stop or didn't know he needed to. And if there was no substance impairment it was likely mechanical/physical.

My guess is he was asleep/passed out. No evidence of alcohol or drugs ‘at the scene’ and he said he didn’t take anything beforehand? Well color me not in any way convinced...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I can think of a few weird ways you could miss the brake and hit the throttle or confuse the two that arent criminal but they are rare. Racing I got my shoe laces hung in such a way that the throttle was hung open and my foot paralyzed.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

could he have dozed off at the wheel?

let’s assume he messed up at the end and hit the gas instead....ultimate bonehead move if not impaired, but it happens. He still had to be speeding to ultimately get up to 87 and wreck.

I doubt I’d buy he was puttering along at the speed limit, lost control and floored it up to double the limit + lol....

Reactions: Corby78

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The first birdie of the 2021 Masters goes to Hudson Swafford. Drink!

This is my first time watching coverage from the actual start of a Masters. A bit disappointed. So much filler while actual players are playing the course. Even if they are scrubs why not show people actually playing in the tournament?

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
could he have dozed off at the wheel?

let’s assume he messed up at the end and hit the gas instead....ultimate bonehead move if not impaired, but it happens. He still had to be speeding to ultimately get up to 87 and wreck.

I doubt I’d buy he was puttering along at the speed limit, lost control and floored it up to double the limit + lol....

Agreed, I don’t buy the logic that he hit the gas instead of the break and then just stuck with it until the end. Looking at the path he took he had a reasonable amount of time to figure out he wasn’t pushing the correct pedal. And the lack of a toxicology report is telling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese