OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Nats aren't much better. Corbin has a 40 era

Tbh I am a Nats fan but Corbin just pitched poorly today. Gave up 10 runs.

Sep 19, 2008
Wiz so streaky

go into 2nd half losing like 7 straight

now won 5 of 6

are they trying to tank or make the playoffs?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wiz so streaky

go into 2nd half losing like 7 straight

now won 5 of 6

are they trying to tank or make the playoffs?
They have the 28th-hardest strength of schedule left while a few of the teams they’re chasing are in the top 8, some even in the top 5. They’re tied with Chicago and Toronto for the final play-in spot in terms of win %. Beal said post-game last night that he’s “100%” out-of-town scoreboard watching.

They’re going for it.

Sep 19, 2008
They have the 28th-hardest strength of schedule left while a few of the teams they’re chasing are in the top 8, some even in the top 5. They’re tied with Chicago and Toronto for the final play-in spot in terms of win %. Beal said post-game last night that he’s “100%” out-of-town scoreboard watching.

They’re going for it.
The problem is that other than the top 3 the East really peters out with mediocrity. The remaining 5 seeds are all .500 or below. The 4 teams in the playin are worse.

I don't know if going for the playoffs is the right road here. They would just be fodder for other teams and even if they made it in the field of 8 Milwaukee / Philly / Brooklyn would just beat them

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Of course they will lose to one of the top seeds. The only team they’d be able to at least “run with” is Brooklyn. They seem to match up well with them. Plus Brooklyn’s team seems extremely injury prone.

All that said, it’s a dumb strategy. They should be building for the future, not striving to be the 10th best team in the East. It’s screams poor planning, and a silly desperation borne from years of wallowing in pathetically bad management.

My guess it’s only to appease Beal, so he will stay. Which just immediately circles back to terrible management by the team and zero forethought and planning towards a winning future.

Worst of the worst.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t be the only one who was surprised to see Stewart Cink is only 47. Could have sworn he was already on the Sr Tour LOL!

pulling for the old man today!

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad