OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Spring-Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, I don’t buy the logic that he hit the gas instead of the break and then just stuck with it until the end. Looking at the path he took he had a reasonable amount of time to figure out he wasn’t pushing the correct pedal. And the lack of a toxicology report is telling to me.

you think they let him off the hook with no toxicology?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'm not an expert, but when I read the story this is what I see. Dude was speeding, lost control, panicked and was hitting the wrong pedal.

My sister wrecked my supped up mustang the same way. It was way too much car for her, and she lost it going around a corner, and actually hit the gas instead of the brake. Same deal when you see people floor it into a garage door or something. Some people are just bad drivers.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The first birdie of the 2021 Masters goes to Hudson Swafford. Drink!

This is my first time watching coverage from the actual start of a Masters. A bit disappointed. So much filler while actual players are playing the course. Even if they are scrubs why not show people actually playing in the tournament?

watching on the Masters app? Usually 3-5 feeds going if you get bored....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was watching on the golf channel. It says live from the masters but it was just filler the whole morning. Thought they would show actual players playing.

yeah that’s BS....

watch on the Masters App. You get Amen Corner, a featured group, the live air feed when it came on at 3, a 15/16 feed, and a 4,5,6 feed. Plus Masters radio....

The Masters still won’t allow live “TV” broadcast before 3.....old archaic rule, but they have allowed streaming through the Masters App for it feels like a handful of years...at least 2-3...

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was watching on the golf channel. It says live from the masters but it was just filler the whole morning. Thought they would show actual players playing.

Any time it's "live from" they're just doing talking heads crap.

ESPN+ and Paramount+ should also have real early coverage.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Rose en fuego....otherwise Reed and a bunch of guys who I have little faith will be near the leaderboard come Sunday.....

I do like Tyrrell Hatton’s game.....see him quite a bit watching the Euro Tour.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
BD says he's having trouble with distance control due to elevation changes and uneven lies. This is surprising to me, considering how he approaches the game so scientifically. Golfers have been factoring these things into mental equations for centuries.

I can't believe he's never played on a hilly golf course before. This seems like an excuse for something else.

More likely, his strategy of blasting the ball and then hitting to the green is being challenged by Augusta in general. There is a lot of local knowledge regarding club selection, and the best players try to position themselves for a number in rather than just bombing it as far as possible. Even after the couple bouts of "Tiger-proofing".

edit: for reference... Bryson DeChambeau reveals the problem he has at Augusta National

Probably don't want it getting back to the Augusta Tournament Committee that you think the greens "looked pretty brown". Shades of McCord being banned for the "bikini wax" comment.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Probably don't want it getting back to the Augusta Tournament Committee that you think the greens "looked pretty brown".

I didn’t disagree with him based on how they looked on TV yesterday. My thinking was unless they get a reasonable amount of rain those things are going to be amazingly quick come Sunday.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I didn’t disagree with him based on how they looked on TV yesterday. My thinking was unless they get a reasonable amount of rain those things are going to be amazingly quick come Sunday.

Not saying he's wrong. You just don't go saying that to the media unless you want the Augusta brass on your ass.

At an Open, yeah you can get away with some shade at the USGA or R&A. But ANGC bluebloods don't like to hear about the course being anything but perfect.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Cam Smith has one of the worst full heads of hair on the PGA tour lol....

You don't say? LOL
EuY2SfJXcAQAgBK.jpg

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad