OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That’s some insane $ for a guy with 2 years experience....
He’s a stud though. Relatively small AAV for a guy that’s already a top 50 fantasy player (25m/yr). And should only improve (unless he off rails himself w something bad...hope not). He’s a cornerstone player for them and someone I’d be so stoked to wrap up for this long as the future.

Terrific value bet for a team that needs to really snare their audience. I think very smart. Very

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Seen this movie before

Wiz suck to start the season
Play better & start to win
lose out of draft position
miss the playoffs
no changes because of perceived "progress"
repeats the next year

NBA draft lottery sucks so bad hard to care about the draft position.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I bet he doesn’t see the end of that deal in SD. Good to see MLB losing their minds again.

There is definitely a risk there but if continues to produce in the general area he has shown so far the reward is huge IMO. An AAV around $24.25 mil for a shortstop who hits like that and improved his defense tremendously last season is a borderline steal IMO. And since he is only 22 when the deal is coming to a close he won’t be ancient either.

I guess we’ll see how his next couple seasons play out but my bet is if they waited a couple more years so that he was more proven the annual rate would have gone up a decent amount.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
For sure it would have gone up.....if he continued to deliver. I just think it’s insane for a guy with limited experience.

Is he a proven generational player with 143 career games played (less than one full season)? Good to be Fernando!

Sep 19, 2008
The Wizards are still one of like 3 teams in the NBA that still has wins in the single digits. Although they are playing better. Notice they win more often when Bertans actually shows up. ;)

Also

He's not wrong. Maryland was fine as an ACC opponent but when they moved to the Big 10 it felt wrong. The rivalry isn't there anymore. Maryland and Duke was a TITANIC rivalry. Maryland chickening out of that sucked. Maryland - VA was also a good local rivalry which we won't see now unless it's Big Ten - ACC Challenge. Maryland in the Big 10 just feels wrong.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I was a Terp at peak Duke hate. Def miss playing those games... How have we not played them in the Big 10/ACC match ups. It would be good for TV so it makes no sense we havent played them again yet.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hate the Big 10 and have hated the move since Day 1. But the football money is what they've been chasing and I'm guessing it's working out for them, or something.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Moved to MD in ‘98 and vividly remember the Terps winning in ‘02 when I was in high school. Really great experience and I remember the energy it brought to the region. I know they chased the football money and it was probably necessary but damn it sucks from a fan’s perspective. Can’t bring myself to care really at all about Terps football and even with a bunch of family connections Terps basketball has gone by the wayside as well.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
3-4 wins maybe? Who is the last team? Spartans? San Jose St?
Army.

Very tough schedule, and they’ll get obliterated if they have a QB carousel like last year. Hopefully Xavier Arline takes a big step up during spring ball and summer camp and can be as good as advertised.

I’ve never seen a Navy offense as bad and further away from Navy’s identity as they were last year. I think Ken and Ivin will get it right this year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Army.

Very tough schedule, and they’ll get obliterated if they have a QB carousel like last year. Hopefully Xavier Arline takes a big step up during spring ball and summer camp and can be as good as advertised.

I’ve never seen a Navy offense as bad and further away from Navy’s identity as they were last year. I think Ken and Ivin will get it right this year.
I’ve seen worse Navy offenses, I grew up going to Navy games, but last year was by far the worst of the Johnson/Coach Ken era. If Arline can make a huge leap they could have a chance to go bowling with 6 wins but if the QB play is the same they’ll be lucky to win 1 game with that schedule.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Army.

I thought Army was the 2nd to last game. On the 4th of December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad