OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Navy knocks off #25 SMU who came into the game 9-1. Their only losses are to #15 Notre Dame and #18 Memphis. If Navy can beat Houston next week and #19 Cinci can knock off Memphis, Navy will meet Cincinnati in the AAC title game with a Cotton Bowl bid likely on the line.

I was there freezing my ass off. Great game.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Redskins being 5 pp higher than the Mystics is completely insane. No offense to the Mystics but the fact that a WBNA team is only 5 percentage points lower than the Redskins in Washington DC as someone's favorite team... imagine telling someone that ten years ago.

Id guess the Mystics number is aided by their recent championship. If this was done last year I don’t think it would be that high. Nats get a championship bump as well, IMO. Still, it is painfully obvious the Skins popularity is in the toilet.

Also, watched another Wiz game the other night. The guy that took Buck’s job doing play by play is horrible.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn't realize how many bad teams there are in the NBA; 15/30 teams currently have a losing record. Going to be real hard to win the tank. Who would have thought the Wizards would be closer to playoff contender than lottery winner prior to the season starting?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Didn't realize how many bad teams there are in the NBA; 15/30 teams currently have a losing record. Going to be real hard to win the tank. Who would have thought the Wizards would be closer to playoff contender than lottery winner prior to the season starting?

NBA and MLB have a lot in common. Its hard to afford to win, so its better to lose and try to fill up on cheap talent.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s like watching Vick. He’s easily the fastest most athletic dude on the field.

As long as he doesn’t get hurt, he should be dominant for a while. Not sure if that equates to titles, but maybe.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

When the league champ 2 years ago had a regular season record of 2-10 it was only a matter of time things would shut down.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
This doesn’t sound good.

The article in the Post today said since they have both spent many years with the organization he didn’t feel there was any real need to personally sell them on the Nats. I get that. If they don’t already know what this organization can do for them I’m not sure what to say.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad