OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
80 mill is deferred. I’ve been trying to figure out if that counts on the average salary towards the Luxury tax. That has a big deal into keeping Rendon

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Don’t call it crazy but I like Zim going back to 3B if we are out of options. Kendrick is already back to do 2B/1B

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Don’t call it crazy but I like Zim going back to 3B if we are out of options. Kendrick is already back to do 2B/1B

You are crazy. Zimmerman hasn’t been able to make that throw for forever at this point. Being able to make that throw is an integral part of playing the position. It is a complete nonstarter. Happy?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sounds like “The Shutdown” played a role in Stras staying in DC.

But somewhere along the way, he began to feel grateful that his bosses took the long view. His heart was here, but so was his arm, thanks to those weeks on the bench. And in the end, Boras said, the Nationals’ caution helped them keep him. “To establish a legacy and wear the curly W for his career was something that was very important to him,” Boras said. “And I think it was because he knew that people in this organization cared deeply about him and always cared about his interests and the interests of his family.”

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
It does count. His cap hit will be $35M for 7 years. When he gets the money has no impact on that.

Agreed that it has no bearing on his deal with respect to the competitive balance tax number but it does matter in real world payroll dollars during the life of the deal. Add in that they reset their tax rate by being under last season making exceeding the threshold less costly in real world dollars again and it all does matter IMO.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
At this point you would have to guess that Rendon is facing the choice of not being the face of the franchise and the pressure that goes with that and having a chance to play in a WS for the next several years. He is the face of the franchise with Texas and isn't going to win in Anaheim.

In DC they have a legit team with 3 allstar pitchers and Max and Soto to keep the media from chasing him around.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Imho Stras was the most important here to still have a real chance of competing next season. Keeping Stras from a compete standpoint should be appealing to Rendon if he could accept some deferred money. Otherwise maybe try and platoon some veterans at 3rd to make up for the WAR (and probably step back on the defense metrics).

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The Nats are also interested in perhaps signing Josh Donaldson or trading for Kris Bryant to replace Rendon.

Latest On Kris Bryant

Didnt think the Cubs would be moving Bryant. He just won a MVP and helped them win a championship a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad