Nathan MacKinnon - Rookie Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Probably not allowed to be up after 10, which is when Avs play.

Probably why the game is on so dang early today, get those kids interested! Seriously though, I've seen a ton of kids with MacKinnon jerseys already. And a lot of times when they interview little kids at the games they name him their favorite player.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't usually go to other teams boards but I wanted to see what prospects the non-playoff teams wanted to draft and I see there's still a lot of sour grapes out there. Panthers fans are still trying to pick MacKinnon apart for the little things he doesn't do well. At some point you just have to let it go.

It's also cute how some Oilers fans bring up Hall and RNH when MacKinnon's name gets mentioned. It's not just some crazies on this site either, I've talked to a few people recently who just refuse to acknowledge how good he is. I just smile as I listen to them make arguments for Hall/RNH.

Averick*

I don't usually go to other teams boards but I wanted to see what prospects the non-playoff teams wanted to draft and I see there's still a lot of sour grapes out there. Panthers fans are still trying to pick MacKinnon apart for the little things he doesn't do well. At some point you just have to let it go.

It's also cute how some Oilers fans bring up Hall and RNH when MacKinnon's name gets mentioned. It's not just some crazies on this site either, I've talked to a few people recently who just refuse to acknowledge how good he is. I just smile as I listen to them make arguments for Hall/RNH.

The worst thing you can do is argue with them. They're articulating jealousy not honest analysis.

Averick*

I was on the phone last night with the game on mute. I though I saw him limping to the locker room at one point. I also thought I saw him playing again. Can anyone elaborate on what happened and the status of his injury if there is one.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was on the phone last night with the game on mute. I though I saw him limping to the locker room at one point. I also thought I saw him playing again. Can anyone elaborate on what happened and the status of his injury if there is one.

He blocked a shot. Think it hit him in the thigh area but I couldn't tell. He was hunched over in some pain on the bench before going to the locker room, but it seems like Nate has gone to the locker room a lot this year.

He didn't really seem to have the same jump after that, and also was handling the puck pretty poorly as well.

Not sure if it's something that will be fine next game, or if it might be hampering him.

Averick*

5 games, 10 points...

And he gave you the game winner you've been clamoring for Tiger V.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Has he now either scored or assisted on every GTG and GWG for the Avs this playoffs? Think he has. That has to be a first, CRAZY.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

I don't venture beyond the Pens forum, but I just had to. I love watching Mackinnon play. He's an animal. And I know this question probably has been asked a million times, but do you think he is going to stay on the wing?

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I don't venture beyond the Pens forum, but I just had to. I love watching Mackinnon play. He's an animal. And I know this question probably has been asked a million times, but do you think he is going to stay on the wing?

I think if we re-sign Stastny, MacKinnon will stay on the wing. But he'll continue to take right-side offensive zone draws like he does now.

Averick*

For this year or beyond. As far as this year is concerned, he'll likely stay on the wing for the most part. More offense is generated when he's on the same line as Landeskog and Stastny. He's acknowledged a preference based on this also.

Beyond thus year, it depends on if they re-sign Stastny.

Another factor possibly is that MacKinnon is one of the few right handlers of the forwards.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
mcakinnon.gif

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Can someone please make a deal with it gif of Mack whipping his hair back during the winning celebration? Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad